Mars Refuel Drink

robbiemagic
robbiemagic Posts: 132
edited March 2008 in MTB general
Does anyone know which supermarkets or shops sell the Mars Refuel drink? As i cant find it stocked anywhere!
"Second place is the first loser"
Orange Five SE
Orange P7 one

Comments

• god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    my co-op sell it.

although why anyone would want to drink it is beyond me!

yyyyyyuk.
  • robbiemagic
    Is it really that bad, i saw they featured it in mbr this month and thought its worth a try. but i am having second thoughts now!
    Orange Five SE
    Orange P7 one
  • god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    it sounds obvious, but it really is like drinking liquid mars! Not really what I'd want if doing any kind of exercie, since it's kinda sickly.

but don't let me put you off :)
  • robbiemagic
    What sort of protein drink would you reccomend to drink after a ride? As i tend just drink water after a ride but when i read about the mars drink, i thought i should be drinking something which would help me recover more quickly!
    Orange Five SE
    Orange P7 one
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    lucozade hydroactive, rehydrates with electrolytes minus the carbs.

I find it works really well.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    I dont mind it! Scotmid sells it (basically the scottish coop). Couldn't drink it all the time though.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Most garages and service stations sell it. I don't mind the taste or consistency of it (I hate very sweet stuff and I didn't find it too bad - better than eating a Mars Bar anyhoo), what I really don't like about it is the price! Plus I didn't feel any better or worse for drinking the stuff, just slightly lighter...
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • i think melting lard and drinking that is better for the old arteries
    Train hard, ride easy
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i like it enough but as dave said, i didnt feel any amazing recovery time reduction, taste pretty good but has a bit of an after taste which is a bit like plastic.
  • capoz77
    capoz77 Posts: 503
    I dont understand this current choco milk lark :(

I use Maximuscle Promax shakes after the gym and rides, tastes good and works out cheaper than "this current choco milk lark"

ive tried loads of choco milks and they all smell sickly, taste sickly and bloat me up :shock: