My 1st bike build, praises, criticisms?

millster
millster Posts: 209
edited March 2008 in MTB general
DSC00456.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

dont be too harsh! im a relatively young fellow of 19 and havent got money to splash around!

Comments

• abbots_mike
    abbots_mike Posts: 280
    looks sweet. loving the decals on the frame.
    you buy the frame and parts and do the work yourself?
    and what's the specs?
    but sweet bike
  • millster
    06 i think giant reign 1 frame
    06 again i think marzochhi drop offs
    dmr ex type 3piece cranks
    sun singletrack wheels
    hayes nine brakes
    husselfelt stem and bar
    deore rear mech + front
    alivio shiters :shock:
    sdg bel air saddle
    think thats about it!
    oh yes kenda nevegal 2.35 tyres

makes for a very decent trail weapon and definatly handles the downhill bits aswel
  • millster
    and yes i bought the bits and done the work myself with a little help from a mate who works at the LBS
  • capoz77
    capoz77 Posts: 503
    LOL loving the shifters, looks a good build :shock:
  • millster
    yes at the time funds didnt allow for decent shifters lol, have been lookin at some xtr, and rear mechs on ebay think i might upgrade very soon!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Looks great, except for the white cable ties on the chainstay! Get some black ones!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • millster
    haha yes had them from work we didnt have any black ones :( *added to list*
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    thats one of my fav frames of all time, was infact the first bike i ever "fell in love" with, saw it at a shop at thetford and thought it was the biz, inspired my own reign build which coincidentaly included singletrack rims and a drop off fork.

look like it'll take a thrashing.
  • millster
    thats one of my fav frames of all time, was infact the first bike i ever "fell in love" with, saw it at a shop at thetford and thought it was the biz, inspired my own reign build which coincidentaly included singletrack rims and a drop off fork.

look like it'll take a thrashing.

there must be 3 of us with great minds! ther was a reign on ebay at the moment also with singletrack rims and drop off fork, unless that was yours?!
  • Pippen33
    Pippen33 Posts: 235
    Looks great, except for the white cable ties on the chainstay! Get some black ones
    , 3/
    Yeah, why not just get a chain stay protector after spending so much on a bike 3.99
    spammer
  • millster
    i have got a lizard skins one lying around somewhere! will whack it on tomorrow along with some black zip ties!
  • Bromski
    Bromski Posts: 239
    No toaster?