Which frame should I buy? any comments welcome

sworks-addie
sworks-addie Posts: 3
edited March 2008 in XC and Enduro
Hi, I currently ride an 19" sworks hardtail (2005) but during this year I am going to change the frame for an18". The two frames I really fancy are the pace RC305 and the Cove Stiffee XC. I have ridden the cove and was impressed, I havent seen the Pace in the flesh yet so not totally sure of the geometrey. I will using the frame with Fox talas RL's 80mm - 120mm (i think). Any comments at all welcome. I mainly ride fast single track routes in and around the cannock chase area of staffordshire. Cheers, Addie.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You definitely need to know the geometry - the 18 could well be longer than your current 19! Is weight an issue? The Sworks is a very light frame, the too you mention burlier and heavier. And what budget?
  • Hi, weight not really an issue, and a slightly longer to tube could be a good thing. I am really trying to get similar geometry to my old 1992 explosif which was sweet. I love the S-works very good ride the frame does feel big though, but I do fancy a slightly rarer ride. Budget for my new frame £600 max.
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    The Stiffee is probably built for 140mm or 150mm forks, isn't it?
  • jammieeeee
    jammieeeee Posts: 389
    Whay are you going to be doing with the s works frame???