Powerisers

cunning-stunt
cunning-stunt Posts: 614
edited March 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Anyone here got them/tried them?
They seem well suited to someone like me..

http://ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/POWERSKIP-70-90KG-ADULT-SILVER-pr-43549.html

Worth the cash? Good fun? What's the learning curve like?
I've fancied a pair for ages..
=========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    There was an article on Breakfast about them - some Scout group is doing a Sport Relief mile on them. Learning curve is very slow - several months to master it. Experts can reach 35 mph on them apparently.
    I would love a pair, but they're not very cheap!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • grs
    grs Posts: 1
    HI all,

just saw this in google thought I'd give you a heads up...

I've actually used these stilts for about 18 months now and am an active member of the bocking community. Mike Bushell got it wrong, I know Becky the girl in the report helping Bushell, he was walking on them within minutes, on average to get walking it takes about 30 mins. What he meant to say was to start doing tricks etc then it takes a bit longer. However with enough dedication you can get flipping in a few months!!!

First of all I would stay well clear of the site and the stilts as the seller is selling them illegally and is infringing on both patent and trademark laws.

Firstly the patent infringment
    The product shown on the website are actually SKYRUNNERS, these stilts are of the worst quality and often unsafe. These stilts are illegal in the UK as they infrige on the patent by the invertor Alexander Boeck. There is only 6 companies in the UK legally allowed to sell these which are Pro-Jump, PoweriZer, Fly Jumper (same product with different branding, but best to buy from Pro-Jump as they sell them the cheapest) PoweriSer and 7leagues, and now UKGoodDeals who sell the original PowerSkips.

False Advertising
    1. They are calling the product PowerSkip, this is the name of the original stilts invented and from the man who holds the patent, they are actually £700 - £750 and can be seen on the UKGoodDeals site or on the Powerskip.de site. Only UKGoodDeals sell these in the UK. The word "PowerSkip" is a registered trademark and by using that the company is breaking the law.

2. The company is using a picture of PoweriSers and the video features Swebounce who use the original Powerskips.

Its highly likely the seller will be facing a lawsuit on Monday by ALAN Sportartikel GmbH who come down hard on people who infringe the trademarks and patent laws.

I would also advise HotUKDeals to remove this thread asap. If you search popular UK forums such as PoweriSerpages.com or ProJumpForum.co.uk and type in Skyrunners you will see how badly these are made.

If you need any more information about jumping stilts just ask.

Sorry for the long post.
  • FurryNipples
    FurryNipples Posts: 1,384
    Am I right in thinking these are the genuine ones?

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/ ... oduct.html

I have been looking at getting a pair for YEARS but I couldn't justify the price. But I saw these and ordered. Have I made a booboo?
    mbuksigqe7.jpg