Reasons to be cheerful - Part 1

big_southern_jesse
big_southern_jesse Posts: 729
edited March 2008 in The Crudcatcher
It's Monday, and the weather has been a bit crappy, but I'm feeling it a stupidly good mood.
    It's just stopped raining and the sun has come out. Had a great ride yesterday, loads of lovely trails down to the Hamble and then along the seafront with the great Meon Valley MTB group. Got back from the 15 mile ride with energy to spare and feeling great! Just been down to Lidl, finally bought some SPD compatible shoes so I can fit the Crank Bros Smarties I got at Christmas, and a new cycle computer with every necessary feature, all for £17.98 The new cycle computer records maximum speed so I will no longer have to take a peep at the screen at top speed to see how fast I'm going! It's still not started raining again yet! About to go and make another cup of tea and maybe some toast, before fitting new pedals to bike! I'm soon to claim the title of "most entertaining cyclist in Emsworth" as I try to get to grips with being clipped to the bike - a trip to the park for that nice soft turf methinks! Other things yet to be noticed, but it's all good!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their Monday too!
Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
The world's ultimate marmite bike

Comments

• lego
    lego Posts: 769
    Ah a few comedy crashes coming up later then :lol: . You brought spd shoes from lidl?
    Well I'm still in a good mood from Saturdays ride when I gave my new Felt it's first proper coating of mud and I didn't hit the deck once. The best bit is I've still got 2 weeks off work to go yet. I'm slipping into this housedad roll too easily.
  • lego wrote:
    Ah a few comedy crashes coming up later then :lol: . You brought spd shoes from lidl?
    Well, at £14.99 it seemed a reasonable outlay for a pair of shoes that I don't know if I'll use loads or 3 times. By the look of them they'll last a year at least, and then I'll invest in a serious pair if I like them.

I'll be back with a review by this evening! :D
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    My monday at work is 15 minutes from over, if you look at the time of this post..........

you'll understand why I'm not in the best of moods. At least I finish soon.

I'm on 1-9 this week so I have loads of time in the morning to sleep, go online, play on the 360, threaten to go out on the bike (its still dead cold/windy/rainy), eat etc....

I gave the Crush a damn good hose down on Sunday as well, she wasn't that dirty but I did it anyway.

I'm rambling now as my brain has stopped working due to it being so late and me still being at work.

I might check out Lidl tomorrow but I guess all the stuff will probably have gone. I might go with the bike and wheel her round the aisles!!!
  • I can't think of any reasons to be cheerful.

The post-holiday blues have just hit and I've realised how much work I have to do and how poor I am at the moment. Also took a few too many hard hits snowboarding last week and I've got aches in places I didn't even know I had on my body. I usually LOVE sneezing but it hurts too much at the moment, and going for a proper ride is out of the question because I rode to the labs yesterday for a meeting and it felt like my coccyx had been smashed into little pieces. Thought my bike was making some funny creaking noises until I realised it was my knees.

Anyway enough moaning, it'll be summer soon!
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I rode to the labs yesterday for a meeting and it felt like my coccyx had been smashed into little pieces.

Tried boarding once and chipped my coccyx on the first day - immensly painful. I've now gone back to skiing, never to return!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Well, I was cheerful this morning.

I totally stripped my one mechanicla disc brake last night for the first time. Right down to individual pieces, degreased and cleaned the whole lot. Then I ground new faces on the pads, regreased the appropriate parts and put it all back together... Against all expectations it now works superbly, better than I ever remember.

Today should also have been good as I had a chap from Virgin media coming round to fit a modem and sort out the intermittent internet access I've had recently. Modem is now fitted, but doesn't work, so I've rewired it back to the old system. Oh well, maybe I can deal with that tomorrow.

I suppose virgin's never quite as good as you hope! :D

Tonight's job is to sort out the V-brakes at the back!
  • FurryNipples
    FurryNipples Posts: 1,384
    I am stuck indoors with the sun shining through my window, begging me to go out on the On-One for a bit, but I can't. I have to revise and do coursework.

Someone kill me.
    mbuksigqe7.jpg
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    GCSE's are just one big pain in the ars*.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • FurryNipples
    FurryNipples Posts: 1,384
    Haha, my gcse revision time was spent on the beach and out drinking.
    mbuksigqe7.jpg
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    i remember not revising for my GCSE's all that ten or so years ago! lol

spent it all riding street on my bike >:o) and ready steady cook!! love my food!
  • Yeah, I didn't work hard enough for my GCSE's, but I think I have a bit of an excuse.

I was at a boarding school. I guess if you are at home it's hard enough to go and revise, but when you share a study with your two best mates, and all your mates from school are living within half a mile, it tends to be a distraction. We used to head out to the sports fields t ofind a "quiet place to study without being disturbed" or actually to sit and get quietly drunk throughout the afternoon, play frisbee or generally muck around. :D

Might not have been such a good choice... :?