Top 10 Films.

GT Destroyer
GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
edited April 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Here we go again, Top 10 films this time. If we get more entries than 10 then so be it.

All you need to do is post with your favourite film and we'll take a vote and decide which one we think is the best.

If you took part in the previous Top 10s you'll know how it works, if not you'll figure it out. I just need a brief sentence for why its your Top 10 with your post.

For voting you will be asked to rate the films on a number basis 1-10, this time we will do 10 is your favourite and 1 is your least favourite.

I haven't actually decided on mine yet, hope no-one nicks it!! Whatever it is!

The Films List.

1) z000m - Gladiator, perfect music & scenery good plot, actors aint bad either.

2) batch78 - Platoon, Good cast, good soundtrack, all time classic scene.

3) clanton - Bladerunner, Directors cut. Complex, atmospheric, twist in the tail. Oh and features Daryl Hannah and Sean Young!

4) dunker - Spaceballs, shows you how to really jam a radar, with rasberry hehe ludicrous speed go!

5) Bikedevil - Enemy at the gates, it just is

6) Bike_Breaker - The Godfather, WAITING FOR REASON.

7) Cheesey - Bourne Identity, Excellent idea, well acted and slightly more believable than Bond - excellent film.. And Matt Damon rocks in this role!

8.) sparrowlegs78 - Braveheart, All those manly legs, and my mind wandering as to what do they have on under their kilts

9) cunning-stunt - Cloverfield, Cleverly shot,just the right amount of glimpses at the creature before you start to get frustrated,no A listers and no lame backstory about the origins of the creature,just a hint at the end
Destined to become a cult classic.

10) prophet_1000 - Starship Troopers, Total Cheese but great with it!

11) easyg - The Shawshank Redemption, its got everything; excellent cast, an unsurpassed story, delivered seemlessly, and a truly awesome ending making it the best feel good film. What else do you need?

12) supersonic - Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Great plot that twists and turns, very funny, good camerawork and well written.

13) GT Destroyer - The Sting, It has Robert Redford, Paul Newman and Robert Shaw as the bad guy. Its a wonderful story of how 2 men planned to con a villain who was responsible for the murder of their good friend Luther.
The men are con-artists and they plan a massive con (Sting!) and the bad guy loses loads of money betting on horses.
Its set in the 30's and is super-cool.

Results so far

1- z000m - Gladiator - 22
2 - supersonic - Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - 23
2 - Bike_Breaker - The Godfather - 23
4 - easyg - The Shawshank Redemption - 24
5 - batch78 - Platoon - 26
6 - Cheesey - Bourne Identity - 30
7 - clanton - Bladerunner - 34
8 - GT Destroyer - The Sting - 37
9 - sparrowlegs78 - Braveheart - 41
10 - prophet_1000 - Starship Troopers - 43
11 - Bikedevil - Enemy at the gates - 44
11 - cunning-stunt - Cloverfield - 44
13 - dunker - Spaceballs - 64

Comments

• z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    gladiator
    perfect music & scenery good plot, actors aint bad either, its no1 on my must have blu-ray movies when it comes out
    no country for old men comes 2nd
    into the wilderness is also good
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Hooray return of the Top 10s.

Was only thinking yesterday it'd been a while since the last one.

Right, here goes then after much deliberation:

Platoon,

Good cast, good soundtrack, all time classic scene.
  • GT Destroyer
    I'm glad you like them Batch!

Right, here goes, z000m gets an extra entry as he (she?) was the first person to enter, lucky for you!

So z000m you can pick another film whenever you like, if you want to that is!

Remember, if you enter please make sure you stick around in the thread/forum so you can cast your vote. It does take a few days for everyone to get all their votes in.

The list of films and their reasons will appear in the first post very soon!
  • z000m
    ill let it ride, see what any1 else wants to add
  • GT Destroyer
    I just noticed z000m you put down more than 1 in your post, can you whittle it down to just 1 for now for me? Ta.
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Bladerunner - Directors cut. Complex, atmospheric, twist in the tail. Oh and features Daryl Hannah and Sean Young!
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    ooo that's tricky to just pick one movie hmmm

Spaceballs.

shows you how to really jam a radar, with rasberry hehe :lol: ludicrous speed go!
  • z000m
    gladiator all the way for me GT
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    Enemy at the gates

it just is
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • The Godfather. Was this an 18 rated film?
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    I would have to go with Gladiator - EPIC!!! :wink:
  • GT Destroyer
    Now then Cheesey!

You'll have to pick another one sir, z000m has got Gladiator, I need a few words explaining your choice too if you please!

Just updating the first post with the current list, doing this just as you posted actually!

LIST IN FIRST POST.

Bike_Breaker - You need to add a few words on why you picked your film, if you want to give your film more of a chance that is.

• The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Oh in which case can I 'cheat' and say the Bourne Trilogy?

If not then The Bourne Identity

Excellent idea, well acted and slightly more believable than Bond - excellent film..

And Matt Damon rocks in this role!
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Braveheart
    All those manly legs, and my mind wandering as to what do they have on under their kilts :oops: :lol:
  • Cloverfield.
    Cleverly shot,just the right amount of glimpses at the creature before you start to get frustrated,no A listers and no lame backstory about the origins of the creature,just a hint at the end :wink:
    Destined to become a cult classic.
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me
  • Starship Troopers

Total Cheese but great with it! :D
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    The Shawshank Redemption - its got everything; excellent cast, an unsurpassed story, delivered seemlessly, and a truly awesome ending making it the best feel good film. What else do you need? :roll:
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Great plot that twists and turns, very funny, good camerawork and well written.
  • GT Destroyer
    Braveheart
    All those manly legs, and my mind wandering as to what do they have on under their kilts :oops: :lol:

That nomination might get votes for being so funny!!!!

My vote is for a film called "The Sting".
    It has Robert Redford, Paul Newman and Robert Shaw as the bad guy. Its a wonderful story of how 2 men planned to con a villain who was responsible for the murder of their good friend Luther.
    The men are con-artists and they plan a massive con (Sting!) and the bad guy loses loads of money betting on horses.
    Its set in the 30's and is super-cool.

LIST UPDATED IN THE FIRST POST - We'll wait for a couple more entries then get started with voting.

• ben.m
    ben.m Posts: 162
    A Clock work orange
    the krays and godfather.

also
    my fav.
    snatch.
    :D
    Giggity Giggity
  • GT Destroyer
    ben can you get your choices down to just one for me mate, and also write a few words on why it should win? Ta.
  • GT Destroyer
    Right folks voting is now open for this - I'm not sure how it'll pan out as it seems especially quiet in here in the last few days?

I need you to vote the film in order that you would watch them, the first choice needs rating with a 1 and the worst/last choice with a 13

I'm not taking the last post as a film choice.

So 13 to go at - Let voting commence!!!
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    The Films List.

1) z000m - Gladiator, perfect music & scenery good plot, actors aint bad either. 8

2) batch78 - Platoon, Good cast, good soundtrack, all time classic scene. 7

3) clanton - Bladerunner, Directors cut. Complex, atmospheric, twist in the tail. Oh and features Daryl Hannah and Sean Young! 1

4) dunker - Spaceballs, shows you how to really jam a radar, with rasberry hehe ludicrous speed go! 13

5) Bikedevil - Enemy at the gates, it just is 9

6) Bike_Breaker - The Godfather, WAITING FOR REASON. 2

7) Cheesey - Bourne Identity, Excellent idea, well acted and slightly more believable than Bond - excellent film.. And Matt Damon rocks in this role! 12

8.) sparrowlegs78 - Braveheart, All those manly legs, and my mind wandering as to what do they have on under their kilts 6

9) cunning-stunt - Cloverfield, Cleverly shot,just the right amount of glimpses at the creature before you start to get frustrated,no A listers and no lame backstory about the origins of the creature,just a hint at the end
    Destined to become a cult classic. 3

10) prophet_1000 - Starship Troopers, Total Cheese but great with it! 10

11) easyg - The Shawshank Redemption, its got everything; excellent cast, an unsurpassed story, delivered seemlessly, and a truly awesome ending making it the best feel good film. What else do you need? 4

12) supersonic - Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Great plot that twists and turns, very funny, good camerawork and well written. 5

13) GT Destroyer - The Sting, It has Robert Redford, Paul Newman and Robert Shaw as the bad guy. Its a wonderful story of how 2 men planned to con a villain who was responsible for the murder of their good friend Luther.
    Its set in the 30's and is super-cool. 11
  • GT Destroyer
    Thanks Clanton - Guys, for future votes you can just put the number of the entry, and then your vote next to it if you like. Or just do it how clanton has done it, its fine either way!
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    Can i put forward Akira gt?
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • supersonic
    1) z000m - Gladiator - 2
    2) batch78 - Platoon - 7
    3) clanton - Bladerunner - 6
    4) dunker - Spaceballl - 13
    5) Bikedevil - Enemy at the gates - 11
    6) Bike_Breaker - The Godfather - 3
    7) Cheesey - Bourne Identity - 8
    8.) sparrowlegs78 - Braveheart - 5
    9) cunning-stunt - Cloverfield - 9
    10) prophet_1000 - Starship troopers -12
    11) easyg - Shawshank Redemption -10
    12) supersonic - Lock Stock - 1
    13) GT Destroyer - The Sting - 4
  • ramonzarate
    ramonzarate Posts: 122
    anyone seen dead mans shoes, paddy considine and shane meadows collaboration?

very, very dark but funny as well.great british movie :wink:
  • 1) z000m - Gladiator - 5
    2) batch78 - Platoon - 1
    3) clanton - Bladerunner - 8
    4) dunker - Spaceballl - 13 Cheesey Fun !! Did like it though.
    5) Bikedevil - Enemy at the gates - 10
    6) Bike_Breaker - The Godfather -6
    7) Cheesey - Bourne Identity - 3
    8.) sparrowlegs78 - Braveheart - 12
    9) cunning-stunt - Cloverfield -Not Seen but my kinda film from the Preview 7
    10) prophet_1000 - Starship troopers - 4
    11) easyg - Shawshank Redemption -2
    12) supersonic - Lock Stock - 9
    13) GT Destroyer - The Sting - Not seen, sounds good 11
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!
  • Wild Card,

Ferris Buellers Day off!
    www.27gears.com

• supersonic
    Ferris is truly extraordinary. Good call!