Liam Killeen on SetantaSports News

mozzle
mozzle Posts: 100
edited February 2008 in MTB general
5 min segment about Liam Killeens preperations for the olympics, his local trails are in the Malverns which look very good, nice and hilly and look to be in very good condition. Any one any idea if the trails are good round there? It was good to hear that a pro struggles to motivate himself when the weathers nasty and miserable :lol:

Comments

• z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    were abouts are the Malverns?
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    About 25 miles south west of Birmingham.

In herefordshire kinda area, more than driveable from cheshire down the M6 then the M5 and you're there
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    thanks steve i couldnt find it google.uk maps
  • i keep meaning to go there but don't know what or where to ride when i arrive
  • mozzle
    mozzle Posts: 100
    Looks like good countryside so I would expect that means good trails. Failing that then there always the Black Mountains just the other side of Hereford.
  • the malverns are a sweet!

MBR has a good malverns loop in teh lastest mag. I wouldn't travel more than 20miles of so though, as although its a good place if you don't have a very good planned route of someone to guide you you can waste all day pottering around without finding the really sweet stuff. But if you're after an equal combination of a variety of riding, including up-hills, it's definately a good day out!

I live in Gloucester, equidistant from Malverns and forest of Dean and would go to the forest every time though, probably because the Cotswolds which are nearer have pretty much as good riding if you know where to go