Look what turned up today

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited February 2008 in MTB general

Comments

• GhallTN6
    GhallTN6 Posts: 505
    Seriously pimped up bike... and so clean... have you ever ridden it :shock:
  • The Attack Trail? ..... for about an hour but then the shock went on me so that's now off with Mojo getting serviced... ha ha

These are for my other Marin (Indian fire trail) which is my uber-light race bike
  • GhallTN6
    GhallTN6 Posts: 505
    Cracking bike though, It took me ages to decide whether to go for an Attack Trail or Mount Vision, in the end I stumped for the Mount Vision (2006), because of the weight factor, never looked back and never been let down, and having 4 inches of travel has never held me back.
  • I love Marin - always have. They make cracking bikes and they do last - I have just been a little unlucky with my shock.

My I.F.T though is my favourite, obviously a totally different ride but it's a joy to ride!

It was about 24lb in weight stock (bought it last year) and have got it down to just under 21lb which is pretty darn light for a allu frameset.

I love the mount visions - excellent rigs! :wink:
  • I am so jealous!

But then again.. IF I was to have a bike like that.. I'd be so much more inclined to do even more stupid things then I already do! And that's something :lol:

How much did the bike set you back? Pretty heavily customised I see.. Did you put it together yourself or have it custom built?
  • Thanks man,

I put it together mostly myself with a little help from LBS....

All the kit on it came from this, which was a custom build:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1479614/

But I wanted a full suss and bought the Attack Trail (plus RP3) for £480

This is my other Marin, it's pretty much stock in the photo but now the only thing left original is that frame, forks and headset... will post some pics when all the new kit is on it...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23769809@N07/2297422281/

More 'race spec' now
  • Lovin' the Martas cheesey. They're for the IFT i take it 'cos they're sticlking with the red anodised theme 8)

You're such a tart :lol:
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    heres a question cheesey, how much has it cost to drop it from 24 to 21 pounds in weight?
  • BikerDan
    BikerDan Posts: 188
    You said you were gonna put Mono M4's on your Attack Trail to replace the Avid Code's have you got them on yet?
    Learn on a Hardtail or be crap forever!
  • heres a question cheesey, how much has it cost to drop it from 24 to 21 pounds in weight?

A lot :oops:

but I didn't do it to just to lose weight. I bought the IFT stock as that's all I could afford at the time (and it was enough at £1699) but then bit by bit I have replace virtually everything on the bike. To get it as I wanted it and the stuff that came off either was sold or went on another of my bikes. The frames are worthy of the custom kit. You never see them for sale on their own which is shame - and I am an upgrade junkie

XTR M975 hubs on DT Swiss 4.2ds with conti World cup race tyres
    Shimano XTR M970 cranks
    Magura Marta SLs
    USE flat bars/race stem
    Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
    Specialized Toupe Team saddle
    Full XTR drivetrain (shifters, front and rear mechs, cassette and chain)

Nothing more I can do to it now. But it's just as I want it
  • BikerDan wrote:
    You said you were gonna put Mono M4's on your Attack Trail to replace the Avid Code's have you got them on yet?

Kept the Codes in the end - they lost their 'Savagery' :lol:
  • Blundell
    Blundell Posts: 308
    Ah man I love to see that IFT of yours... if only i could get my bikes as colour co-ordinated!

What's more is you've got even more of a problem than myself of upgrading! :lol:
  • Thanks Blundell.

It looks soo much different now - they are old photos - theres not that much red on it anymore - just here and there... still my favourite!

... and I always love to see that Klein of yours - love em!
  • Blundell
    Blundell Posts: 308
    Yeah cheers dude.. took me a good while to get that into the shape that I wanted it... but it payed pretty well, damn fine ride.
    Jusy finished kitting out my scale with the black fantastic, (except for a jazzy carbon railed white slr saddle).
    I reckon as you've made a good choice with the titanium marin, I had a good look at that frame when I went for Ti, the only thing that put me off was my insane desire for cable routing either around the top tube or preferably through it!
  • As I have pretty much specced up the IFT to the max. It should be a case of a direct swapover to the Marin as they are the same size exactly.... it's the path of least resistance!

One thing that I simply CANNOT get out of my head that I want to very badly is a set of Mavic Crossmax SLRs - there's something about those wheels. The wheels I have are great and perform just as well as the SLRs but ......... :lol:
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    SLR's aren't great - I've had mine for a while and I'm not impressed! They may look good, but that's about it!
  • Anonymous
    so are we gonna see some top podium placements this coming season?
  • of course you are - Liam has got to watch his back - sarcy bugger :wink:
  • Anonymous
    haha, well you are certainly well equipped (fnaar fnaar) for the task. i maintain that im not a fan of hard tails but i'm looking forward to seeing the bike in its new guise.