26 Vs 29er//Singlespeed Vs Gears//Steel Vs Allo// aaaah!!

keith
keith Posts: 1,149
edited February 2008 in MTB general
I have just done my Level 1 Mountain Bike Instructors Award, which will be level 2 when i get around to my WGL assesment. I need a bike that i can get out and ride as im bored of my 14" dirt bike.

Thinking an On-One Inbred 29er Singlespeed - well at least until i can afford a Rolhoff. It sounds perfect for what i need - a Mountain Bike. Im scared that it is so different from what im riding at the moment. I'm riding a Trek Liquid full sus (my fathers that i 'borrow'). Now someone convince me to go get the Inbred! I love it, and the image of simplicity, with the carbon ridgid forks and no Mechs that always go wrong on me!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Test one first?! Lots of theories invloved, which i wont go into unless asked (have a search on the forum ;-)), but can beat testing. Our preferences vary.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Hehe!! I have both of those bikes- pics in sig somewhere.

After riding an On-One 456 and then getting the 29er I much prefer the 29er. Comparing it to the Liquid? Much prefer the 29er.
    My 29er (On-One) is geared and has a sus fork (Reba @100mm) Quite possibly the best bike I've ridden- no second best my fave is my Kaffenback.
    But back on topic, most people dont even notice its a 29er. Mines all blinged out in white, and even with the big white hoops they still don't notice.
    I prefer the 29er for its smoother ride over a 26" hardtail, its greater grip and its general stability- its a wee bit more awkward in tight hairpins, but you'll soon get over that.
    Go for it, you wont regret it. But I will agree with Sonic- you really should try and test one first.
    Sonic, they are not just theories either, some is just plain fact! :lol:
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....