PICS! My new one of a kind custom built Marin

easyg
easyg Posts: 266
edited March 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Well you lovely people, its taken 5 months to get to this point, not to mention the nightmare I had on Friday which some of you were tuned into but she is here and so are the pics!!

The spec:

'07 Marin Rocky Ridge frame
Rockshox Revelation forks (U-turn > 130mm)
Chris King Headset (deep emerald green)
Truvativ Team Carbon Riserbars
Truvativ Team Stem
Truvativ Team Carbon Seatpost (double clamp)
Bontrager Sport saddle
Ergon E1-S Grips
DMR V12 pedals (sp. edition chrome w/ emerald green pimp pins)

07 XT Drivetrain
07 XT Brakes - 180mm rotor to front, 160mm rotor to rear
Mavic XM317 rims w/ 07 XT Hubs & DT Swiss spokes (black)
Schwalbe Nobby Nic tyres (2.25)

And now the pics... went for a pink bike album as it kept cutting the sides of the photos off...

http://easyg.pinkbike.com/album/A-fire-breathing-whore-is-born---the-Marin

Thanks to those that gave me advice, and put the flames out when things got a bit hot around the collar!

Hope you all like it as much as moi... :mrgreen:

Easy, G
"If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"

Comments

• very nice Easy - very nice indeed - a thoughtfully planned build and a drivetrain that should excel during the worst of our british weather!

How did you find the coil revs? plush I bet?

Nice one - pleased for you matey!

Those frames are great aren't they!## 8)
  • Sweet 8)
    Seeing that makes me want to go ride mine right now :lol:

So how does it ride in 'lightweight' guise?
    What's the all in weight btw?
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me
  • Well, the end certainly justifies the 5 month wait.

Bet you must be a very happy chappy!

I'm sure you are going to have a lot of fun this summer!
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Oh yes easy that is sweeeet.

Well worth the wait. That headset finishes it perfectly.

We really are being spoilt with top notch bikes this year. Just keeping my fingers crossed for good weather so you can really get out there and rip it up. :wink:
  • This bike looks even better in the flesh. Size seems perfect for easy, I think I remember him being in the air for most of the ride on Sunday!
  • easyg
    Cheesey - the forks are plush and gorgeous under hand, and I love the upgraded bits from my recons (floodgate and ting, metal dials etc). The frame is unreal, I connected to it pretty quickly and got more and more confidence from her as the ride went on.

Cunning Stunt - She rides so well, and I did think she felt light as hell especially compared to my other bike. In fact, as GT said I was just in the air all the time even on fast downhill sections, jumping over fallen conifers and stuff. I would definately recommend it! You will know as Cheesey does that this frame simply makes you smile and laugh out loud when you are riding it - fecking awesome.

Bottom line I love my bike, and can not wait to get her bedded in and to get out again this weekend.

Thanks for your comments guys. Gav
  • easyg
    Cheesey - the forks are plush and gorgeous under hand, and I love the upgraded bits from my recons (floodgate and ting, metal dials etc). The frame is unreal, I connected to it pretty quickly and got more and more confidence from her as the ride went on.

Cunning Stunt - She rides so well, and I did think she felt light as hell especially compared to my other bike. In fact, as GT said I was just in the air all the time even on fast downhill sections, jumping over fallen conifers and stuff. I would definately recommend it! You will know as Cheesey does that this frame simply makes you smile and laugh out loud when you are riding it - fecking awesome.

Bottom line I love my bike, and can not wait to get her bedded in and to get out again this weekend.

Thanks for your comments guys. Gav
  • god1406
    god1406 Posts: 554
    that looks like a dam good build. I'm liking the seat collar/King headset colour scheme...

the 140mm Vanilla's on my Rocky Ridge feel a bit tall, 'specially for climbing, those Revelations are probably just the thing.

IMO the Rocky Ridge should have been in Dirt mag's hardtail issue this month!
  • EasyG...any creaks?
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me
  • EasyG...any creaks?

That's just nasty :wink::lol:
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • easyg
    Nope, not at the mo.! Thanks for that though, jinx!

Easy.
  • That is pure sex :P