Which Sealskinz socks ?

BernieG
BernieG Posts: 27
edited February 2008 in Commuting chat
Which Sealskinz socks would you recommend for cold weather commuting to keep my feet nice & warm ?
And ....do you need overshoes as well on really cold days or is a pair of Sealskinz sufficient ? :roll:

Comments

• Ive the mediums and I reckon they are a tad short, I'm about to order some longs.
    I've not had to use anything else over the winter, if it got any colder I'd put some normal socks underneath.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    i have two pairs of the medium height.

coupled with 3/4 length shorts, this leaves only a little gap between the top of my socks and the bottom of my short legs.

I find it just fine with only the sealskinz.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I've started using winter shoes this year and that makes a real difference to temperature... bit more pricey than socks though
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    edited February 2008
    I've got the mid length ones and they are great, to begin with it's like cycling in slippers :0)

On a long ride my feet can still get cold nearer the end, but they'll still be dry...I went for the wool ones and for an hour or so my feet are toasty :0)

Having said that I am a fair weather commuter (cold but no rain) but I do wear them off road as well

SealSkinz Mid Thermal Merino Waterproof Socks
    A link here
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Thanks all ....but is that the 'Mid thermals',the 'Mid Lights' or the 'Ultralight Bikes' that you're using ???
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    mine are both mid lights matey and I think they are perfect
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.