Forum home Road cycling forum Tours, routes, audaxes & organised rides Sportives/audaxes/training rides

L'eroica 2008

Monty DogMonty Dog Posts: 20,614
Trying to find a decent 'focus' for 2008 and enough of a challenge, I really fancy this for 2008. Sadly, my ride buddies tend to disagree - having flogged them round Flanders, P-Rx and Tilff-Bastogne-Tilff - my good 'ideas' are always treated with a degree of scepticism. Is there anyone else on this forum who fancies a blast? None of the UK tour companies seem to offer a package deal? I've got the bike - a 1981 Gios, and the whole summer to train for it!
Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..

• Monty,

Try this Italian company that do a package to L'eroica. I don't think it includes flights though. Hope this helps.
    http://www.blufreccia.com/4/index.php?id=353
    Flying Scot? You must be joking!
  • JWSurreyJWSurrey Posts: 1,173
    Hi Monty,
    I was idly considering this too, but only doing one of the shorter runs - I haven't really got fit or enthusiastic enough yet.
    Dauphin have a lovely Colnago from the era, that's a) For Sale b) Never been ridden!

I can recommend a few good places to stay/look for accom., having been there twice and walked part of the course!
    They are not all close enough to cycle to the start line.
    Will PM you later.

J.