Just a hello from a new kid.

Luke-Dob
Luke-Dob Posts: 121
edited February 2008 in MTB beginners
Heya!
Just want to say hi, Im currently into XC riding. I currently live in Tonbridge Kent with my parents still (only 16 duhh). My current bike a the moment is a Marin Rock Springs 08. Please be kind with me :( also a bike mechanic at the local Halfords store :D
"If I Was Falling, YOU BETTER FREAKING CATCH ME!!!"
6 years riding bikes, 8 broken bones, gravity can be a b**ch
http://dobby.pinkbike.com/album/My-Bikes-D/

Comments

• Luke-Dob wrote:
    My current bike a the moment is a Marin Rock Springs 08... also a bike mechanic at the local Halfords store :D
    *gasp* could this be a halfords bike staff who knows what they're doing?
    enjoy your stay :)
    i've got relatives who live next to bewl reservoir? so i rode bedgebury last time i was there. you ridden there?
  • Luke-Dob
    Luke-Dob wrote:
    My current bike a the moment is a Marin Rock Springs 08... also a bike mechanic at the local Halfords store :D
    *gasp* could this be a halfords bike staff who knows what they're doing?
    enjoy your stay :)
    i've got relatives who live next to bewl reservoir? so i rode bedgebury last time i was there. you ridden there?

Ridden bedgbury about 4 times now. But that was on my old bike (Claud Butler Cape Wrath) but cant wait to ride it on my Marin :D I know there is some problem or two with some Halfords store's but the one Im at currently is the best in the Kent area according to reveiws.
  • xcracer
    xcracer Posts: 298
    Hi. Welcome.

You may wish you had kept your occupation a secret though. Halfords has many detractors on here.
  • Luke-Dob
    Ok il now keep my occupation a secret :wink:
  • why keep it a secret, ok, there may be many Halfords detractors on here , but there are also a fair few of us ( me included) who work there and let people know, most don't keep it a secret because in most cases it's a good thing.
    if you're not crashing, you're not trying.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I worked their for two years! Fully aware of the pros and cons, but good staff is good staff. Just sometimes the shop structure and proceedure doesnt let the good staff get on with it.
  • I work at halfords too! :lol:

Welcome! :D
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    With god knows how many Halfords, yeah, some are going to be sh1t. I found it was down to the manager: does he like bikes?! If so, he may be miore interested in the customer than rearraniging stock, selling 70 quid bikes in boxes and actually knowing what the bike trade is about. The good staff need room to breathe and not be suffocated my the corporate BS.