wellgo mg-1's

canada16
canada16 Posts: 2,360
edited February 2008 in XC and Enduro
Hey guys

Have posted on other thread but maybe some other people on here that I have not spoke to yet.

Im looking to pimp out my Focus superbud, and looking at the Wellgo's, they are super light and super cheap, and they also make DMR, so why pay extra.

Has anybody used these, just before I buy, and or Recommend other pedals.

Money is not really a problem, but I am a weight freak.

Was looking at the straitline's but they are almost 200g heavyer and 50 quid more .

Thanks

Comments

• I am running MG1s at the moment. I have to say they have performed fine so far. I have lost some paint - they were the white ones- and smashed a pin out on a rock, but I got them off She-Bay for under £30. They feel solid and run very smooth.

Hope this helps.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Smooth, light, good grip - have them on the Zaskar. Hit anything hard enough ona rock and they will chip though!
  • canada16
    Hey

So lets say I am riding to work will my foot rub the paint off, or are these pedals being bashed against rocks ect.. for the paint to come off.

I have bought some today, and will be arriving by monday, or tomorrow,

Bit worried when people say paint flakes off, is this for no reason.

Also Cannot find the pins anywere, are they the same as the DMR'S ?

Thanks
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Mine havent flaked. Pins can be got form dealers, I think they are a bit different (scerew in from the back, rather than allen key)
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    i have had a few pairs of wellgos theyre as good as any shimano
  • The paint has only come off after Ive smashed them against a rock! It doesn't just flake off! I got a few spare pins in my box... maybe you will too!
  • canada16
    Well got my Wellgo's and I am not really looking forward for me hitting my shins on those pins.

But I got to give it up to HIGHONBIKES.COM. ordered on friday afternoon and here on saturday morning.

But took my old stock pedals off, and they were really light as well.

So god knows how I am going to get the weight down, to my expected, 20lbs, LOL

Well lots of Carbon, and Ti,

No extra pins so will have to keep a look out for those people that say they keep loosing them , Will follow them until one falls off,, LOL