Sorry, Rock Racing AGAIN

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2008 in Pro race
Mr Ball is a genius!

http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/13980.0.html

Writing a cheque for the Tour of Cali organisers is a masterstroke. And I love the way he bans Velonews yet they still cover his team in a massive article.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• After they kick Leogrande out for 'suspicion of doping' they'll have to give Mr. Ball's contribution back... Now, that would be ironic!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    redbicycle wrote:
    After they kick Leogrande out for 'suspicion of doping' they'll have to give Mr. Ball's contribution back... Now, that would be ironic!

I think Mr. Ball is hoping and praying that Leogrande gets kicked out. Net result - more PR. Net cost? Zero.
    I personally think Leograndes "lawsuit "is just a stunt to set up this showdown.

If the organisers really want to upset Ball, let Leogrande in and cash the cheque!
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    LangerDan wrote:
    If the organisers really want to upset Ball, let Leogrande in and cash the cheque!

I think you're under estimating Ball. He'd turn it around - Juice up one of his riders during the race so they're sure to test positive and see what happens.

Can't wait to see him saying "I OWN THIS RACE"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I quite like this Rock racing owner. He's funny. I see he's signed Tyler. But Tyler's website is down I see and heard nothing in the media.