Rubbing between fork and frame...

jackbaps
jackbaps Posts: 15
edited January 2008 in MTB general
Hey guys, am quite a beginner here. I bought a Giant XTC 2.5 recently and it is an excellent bike! Am extremely happy with what it has dealt with so far!!!

Anyway...after a long ride the other day I gave the bike its usualy wash down (plastic bagging off the brakes etc). It came up AMAZING but I have a slight problem...which may not even be a problem!

When I turn the handle bar there is a bad rubbing sound which is coming from where the fork slots into the frame; see picture:

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

This is probably normal and will go away with time...just wanted to make sure and see if there were any ways to get rid of the rubbing?!

Thanks again, Jack.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well there is a bearing and a rubber seal and some grease. so it will not be silent but there should be no big noise. if you are not sure get a bike person to have a listen.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • xone
    xone Posts: 71
    Did you use a jet wash up close? Sounds like a bearing case needs replacing?? under warranty? take it back to the shop, get them to have a butchers.
  • No I didn't use forcefull water anywhere I dont think!

I should hope its under warranty as I only bought it a couple of months ago.

Will take it back and see what they think.

Cheers!