Charge Plug. HOW much?

meagain
meagain Posts: 2,331
edited January 2008 in Road general
Just noticed the Review on this.

It must be the most pver-priced bike I have ever laid eyes on! If the budget boys (Hawk, Ammaco etc etc) can put out essentailly the same but with all the geared bits (for which however high the volume discount they have to pay Mr S's exorbitant prices) for less than 200 quid, this is surely a straight rip-off.

Factory-gate cost maybe 25 quid?
d.j.
"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Er Dave , You forgot the link :o :idea: :wink:
    bagpuss
  • meagain
    Sorry, bagpuss.

Top LH "Today's Stories" on the Home Page! Saw it when I looged in.
    d.j.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Dave . Yep ROBBERY at that price . :shock:
    bagpuss
  • belgiangoth
    belgiangoth Posts: 2,849
    £400 for any bike is what you really accept - at most it's a margin of £100.

Remember that although you naturally expect gears to be more expensive, the scarcity of fixed equipment drives up the price. Even if it's all made in-house they have to factor making enough money to live off once they have sold everything.
  • meagain
    So it's 300 quid NOT to put the geared bits on a 100 quid bike and to screw on one sprocket instead a 6 block? And to remove two chain rings? Oh alright, plus 25 notes to fit different drop outs!
    d.j.
  • GaryGkn
    GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
    It is a business and they have to make a profit. Saying that it doesn't look too good with that mudguard assembly and I suppose the the cable tube guides are nice and retro but look clunky these days. The competition seems to be the Bianchi Pista, Langster, Fuji Track, Schwinn Madison and the LeMond Fillmore. I have seen one being ridden rather awkwardly in London last week. The guy who bought it was riding a frame which was too small. The seat was very high and the top tube looked short. Think they will probably sell to fashion guru type people perhaps more knowledgeable cyclists will plump for something different!