Tour Down Under on TV??

paullaming
paullaming Posts: 47
edited January 2008 in Pro race
I was just wondering if the 'Tour Down Under Without Many Stars' is going to be on TV at all. Eurosport don't appear bothered about it due to Aussie Open tennis and Chelsea vs Arsenal or Portsmouth in the African Nations cup.

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It's on Sky Sports.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • thanks a lot
  • I hope the Kings of Cliche wont be commentating :(
  • schedule here:

351x85_standard.gif
  • steephill
    steephill Posts: 151
    I'll be posting links to stage recap videos each day on my Tour Down Under Dashboard. At the moment, I have a couple preview videos up along with the stage 1 finish and links to other resources that might be useful.
    www.steephill.tv bike travelogue
  • Brilliant service, cheers Steephill.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Brawlyrox wrote:
    Brilliant service, cheers Steephill.
    And another one saying thanks..
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    cycling.tv are showing highlights too. I watched stage 1 today. Interesting that the big teams have sent their second string riders along, it's given the French teams more of a chance bless 'em.

(Can I say at this stage that I've spent a great deal of time and effort slagging off cycling.tv but today I watched a load of their content on my ace new 40" uber-telly and it was fantastic! The picture quality was so good - but how? Yes the web interface is lousy; yes the commentary isn't always great. But overall I really enjoyed it and am happy to keep subscribing.

There, I've said it and I'm glad.)
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    Vermooten can I ask how you manage to get cycling.tv on your TV
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Brian1 wrote:
    Vermooten can I ask how you manage to get cycling.tv on your TV
    I've connected my laptop to the TV via the laptop's DVI port and the TV's HDMI port. The TV magically recognises video content and treats it like any other video input. PM me if you need / want any more info!
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    UniSA - are they a university team?

Were Cofidis using Fulcrum Racing Zeros? I didn't think that top level Pros used clinchers?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    UniSA are sort of a pseudo national team made up of assorted Australian riders from different teams. The guy on the attack during stage 1 is an amateur on the team because he was the highest placed non-professional in the Australian road championships last week.
  • Haven't seen any yet but hope to catch up a bit tonight.

That High Road jersey is getting more minging every time I see it!
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Haven't seen any yet but hope to catch up a bit tonight.

That High Road jersey is getting more minging every time I see it!

It does look quite non descript. I think they need something to make them standout, in previous years the same team were probably the most recognisable.
  • Were Cofidis using Fulcrum Racing Zeros? I didn't think that top level Pros used clinchers?

I think they are on Zeros, but if they are, it will be the Tubular version. (They do both!)