New race bike

james_smith_101
james_smith_101 Posts: 5
edited December 2007 in XC and Enduro
Hey im looking to get a new hardtail bike. I do quite of racing in the sxc series and others events. I was looking at spending a maximum of £1500. I wasnt wanting a carbon frame as at tht price the components arnt tht gr8. I was lking at something like the scott scale 35 or a trek 8500. Any other ideas would be gr8. I also get %15 offall trek or giant bikes as my club is sposerd by the local dealer.

Comments

• I know someone who has a Felt RXC1 I think its the 1 but on www.feltbikes.co.uk its the white one.
    Giant XTC 2.5 '08
    Felt Virtue 3 '10
    Giant Defy 2 '11
    Giant Terrago Disc '07 - Convereted for CX
    Fit Team Park Bmx '08
  • Marin Indian Fire Trail. It really is an excellent race machin.

The '08 has dropped in price to £1499 (07 was £1699) however I would go for an 07 (which I have) in the sales for around the same price (better spec then this years)

Goes like a rocket and the frame is something else :wink:
  • just out of interest cheesy, how much does ur marin weigh?
  • with all of the refinements/upgrades a svelte 22 lbs :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    my boss has a trek 8500 and it is gorgeous, i cant help thnking 1400 is alot to spend on a hardtail but it s v light and well equiped.

have you consideredoneof the focus bikes avaiable on wiggle.co.uk? they always seem amazingly well specced
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889

have you consideredoneof the focus bikes avaiable on wiggle.co.uk? they always seem amazingly well specced

Yep, they do look fantastic and the frames always get great reviews - I did a lot of research before my purchase and they were top of my list. I so nealry got one but at the last minute changed my mind... nothing to do with the Focus, simply a great deal on the carbon Scotts at the time (just before the new model came out and were previously outside my budget). I still love the look and spec of the Focus' and if were after a second bike I'd almost cetainly go for a Focus.
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team