Saddle hight?

joe boy
joe boy Posts: 53
edited December 2007 in XC and Enduro
Qick one,

How much does everyone drop their saddle hight on different terrain? Road, XC, and for long down hill sections. That is if like me you were using the same HT for all the various riding you do.

Comments

• clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    I very seldom if every adjust my seat height - can't be arsed. I don't do huge dropoffs but I can get around most black runs without having to so I don't bother.
  • i have done it in the past but not now , i tend to like it in one position these days myself like -Clanton said also :wink:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1347023/

KEEPING IT REAL RIDING STEEL
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I don't change it much at the moment but giving some thought to buying a maverick speedball, I can see changing it on the fly being quite useful (I've got TALAS forks now and I'm always adjusting the travel on them, couldn't with my old forks but then didn't really know what I was missing).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • zero303
    zero303 Posts: 1,162
    Unless it's a near vertical descent (which I'm far too mature and responsible to ride these days anyway) I leave it as is - even on the freeride black marked Cwm Carn route it stays as is...
  • Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    I have a Gravity dropper seat post so mine is up and down like a tarts knickers.

It is one of the best bits of kit I've evcer bought for my bike. I never used to move it for all the reasons stated above. But some bits are so much easier/faster with the saddle out of the way...
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • dunnnooo
    dunnnooo Posts: 900
    Fairly rarely, but there's certain sections that are so much faster and more fun with it down.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambi-dextrous