Astana to use the same 'gear' as was used by Discovery.

aurelio_-_banned
aurelio_-_banned Posts: 1,317
edited December 2007 in Pro race
Quote: Johan Bruyneel has made the trouble-strewn Kazakh-backed squad into a clone of the now defunct Discovery Channel team – and now they're riding the same bikes too.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/SUR ... 68800.html

All I am waiting for now is the announcement (due in about 6 months time) that Vinokourov, having served his suspension (but having trained and done god knows what else in the meantime well out of the public eye, what with there being no out-of-competition tests for 'retired' riders and all) is making a 'comeback'. The real icing on the cake will be an announcement that he has been signed to Astana! (After all Bruyneel had no qualms about signing Basso and 'Vino' is from Kazakhstan!) Well, I guess it's one way to target the Olympics! :wink:

Comments

• They'll be wearing plastic wristbands in the Kazakh national colours next!
    =====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Trek make good bikes. Astana will obviously dominate the 2008 Tour and it's only natural that Trek want to continue to be associated with that. JB and Trek go back years, look at the mess that Specialized made of the start of their relationship with Quick Step. Sensible move all round. Shame the team colours aren't so great.

What if the Kazakh government changed the name of their capital city to "Discovery"?
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Whaddya mean the colours aren't nice. They almost match the new Weymouth away kit which is no bad thing...

untitled.JPG
  • Sram Red and not Dura Ace, I noticed this morning.

Like the BMC before it, the Madone looks pretty sweet in those colours. And that is coming from a man with a Cannondale fetish!