Exposure Enduro Maxx, burn time question

DTM12
DTM12 Posts: 163
edited November 2007 in MTB general
Hi just got my exposure Enduro Maxx front light, and have taken it out for the first ride a couple of days back. The claimed burn time is 3hrs on the high setting. Just looking for feedback as to what others experienced with the burn time. I am falling short on this burn time of 3hrs.

I know I am sad to time it, but considering the maximum langth of my winter riding etc I really need it to go for 3hrs as stated !

Comments

• steelo
    steelo Posts: 542
    I use a Hope Vision LED light which doesn't match the Exposure Maxx for maximum output, but during my weekly 2.5 - 3 hour XC ride I rarely use the maximum (300 lumen) output. I ride predominantly forest tracks, bike trails and bridleways and rarely need maximum output.

The atmosphere temperature will affect the performance of the battery, but if you ride for 3 hours and need the maximum output of light for that time then maybe you should have gone for a light that burns for longer in case you are out longer due to a puncture, injury, or even getting lost!
    Specialized Rockhopper '07
    Trek Fuel EX8 '09
  • Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    Two issues to consider here:

1. How many charges/discharges has it had because it takes a few to reach full capacity and

2. You are leaving it on charge for at least 3 hours after the light on the charger goes green aren't you? The charger goes green when the battery has reached about 90%.
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • DTM12
    I guess about 4 times I have charged it up

Yes I leave it at least 3 hours after the light goes green.
    I suppose it matters what current discharge level the light is in when you go to charge it, but the red light on my charger only stays red for about 5-6 hours before going green, The manula says it should be 9 hours ?? But I guess that is from a totally discharged battery. I recharge mine as soon as the light switches down a mode automatically
  • DTM12
    Just for the record the fuel guage goes from green to orange at about 1hr 20mins and it should be 1 hr 30 mins and I am getting about 2hrs 40 mins total before the light switched down a mode.