Good on yer Cadel

itsaghostcar
itsaghostcar Posts: 59
edited January 2008 in Pro race
from the Sydney Morning Herald: "THE world's No.1 road cyclist, Cadel Evans, pledged to donate his $50,000 winner's prize to charity after he was named the Herald's Sports Performer of the Year." full article

Might not be the most exciting to watch, but he surely qualifies as a nice bloke.

Comments

• That's really great. Good on him! 8)
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Cadel Evans is not a big hit in European circles but on these pages he could do no better. I first watched him explode on the scene at the Giro when he got the Pink Jersey. Unfortunately he exploded on a mountain stage soon after.
    Every time I've read articles on him or seen him comment on TV he is usually a bit of an old winger. He is abrupt, big headed and a misery. He slates his team and is a one off. I can't see what the attraction is. If you want an Aussie I would choose Alan Piper over him any time.
    Any other Aussie come to that.
    Cheers Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Cadel Evans is not a big hit in European circles but on these pages he could do no better. I first watched him explode on the scene at the Giro when he got the Pink Jersey. Unfortunately he exploded on a mountain stage soon after.
    Every time I've read articles on him or seen him comment on TV he is usually a bit of an old winger. He is abrupt, big headed and a misery. He slates his team and is a one off. I can't see what the attraction is. If you want an Aussie I would choose Alan Piper over him any time.
    Any other Aussie come to that.
    Cheers Jerry
    Unless you want an aussie who gets on the podium on the Grand Tours,then Cadels your man
    so many cols,so little time!