Looking for a club in Portsmouth / Chichester area.

big_southern_jesse
big_southern_jesse Posts: 729
edited December 2007 in MTB rides
Evening all,

Pretty certain the way to get fitter and to improve will be to get out with a group for some regular organised rides. I live in between Portsmouth and Chichester, right on the Hampshhire / West Sussex border. I've been searching around t'internet t ofind a local club or group that meet fairly regularly that I could join.

However, I couldn't find anything searching this forum, and a lot of the google results led to dead sites or little info. I was hoping someone had some personal experience and could recommend a club around here. I'm riding a fairly simple hardtail and neither technically brilliant or superfit yet. Happy to do 15 or 20 miles on road I'd imagine, although guess this will drop dramatically for off road, but know the fitness will come back pretty easily.

Any friendly groups out there you can recommend?

Thanks for any help, Jess.
Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
The world's ultimate marmite bike

Comments

• Have a look at mtb south. this will give you access to local clubs :lol:
  • Have a look at mtb south. this will give you access to local clubs :lol:
  • Thanks, I've had a look there, just wondering if anyone here actually rode with any of the groups or knew them?
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • I sometimes ride with the meon group. Uaually there are between 3 and 15 on the rides.
    The clob has been over to QECP (Queen Eliz.Country Park on the A3 just south of Petersfield) a couple of times to ride with the guys there. Everyone had a good time. QECP is nearer for you of course. Try putting something on the website, you're bound to get a reply and an invite. :D
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    I ride with this lot - VCGH, and we're just up the A3 if you fancy a trip over. We have a regular run on Sunday mornings which you could join.

I'm also registered on the MTB South forum but I've yet to make it out on a ride with the QECP/Velocity guys.

Greg.