Nalgene Bladder/Hydration System

Broonster
Broonster Posts: 440
edited November 2007 in MTB general
'Lo All,

I have a Nalgene bladder system which came with a North Face hydration pack (Hammerhead). Unfortunately, I forgot about the bldder after a ride.....and it was filled with powder energy drink! :oops:

Needless to say, it's gone all black, grubby & foostie! I've cleaned it as best as I can, including using those fizzing tablet thingys, but there is still alot of crap stuck inside the bladder and, in particular, the tube system.

I'm thinking it's beyond cleaning (unless someone can suggest differently?), but I can't for the life or me see anywhere where I can buy a replacement Nalgene system for it. I know I could just buy a Camelback, or similar, system but I would preferably like the original Nalgene type one.

Anyone any ideas on where to get one? :? (or suggestions on how to clean my manky tube system?!)

Ta in advance!
Winter: Moda Nocturne
Road: Cervelo R3
'Cross: Ridley X-Night
Commuter: Genesis Day One

Comments

• Georgeb
    Georgeb Posts: 315
    Possibly try a stiff wire brush for the inside, and IIRC, camelback do a long wire brush for cleaning inside the tube.

Or you could just by a new bladder if you cant clean it.
  • Yep, agree with above. You don't mention if you tried dedicated brushes for tubes etc. Could be worth giving this a whizz...

Camelbak brush kit
  • homercles wrote:
    Yep, agree with above. You don't mention if you tried dedicated brushes for tubes etc. Could be worth giving this a whizz...

Camelbak brush kit

Nah, haven't tried this yet. I assume, perhaps wrongly, that as these brushes are made by Camelback that it may not fit the Nalgene tubes etc?
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Decathlon also do a bladder cleaning kit and it's cheaper than the cameback ones :D

Or at least used to, couldn't find a link on their website :?

Works with both my Camelback bladder and the one that came with my Decathlon hydration pack.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result