Any news on Krazy Kash and his hearing?

Salsiccia
Salsiccia Posts: 405
edited November 2007 in Pro race
When the hearing was started, it was stated that the Belgian court hoped to have a ruling within two weeks. have any details from the hearing emerged?
I was only joking when I said
by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13734.0.html

No luck for him so far.

He should've used the "too much blood in my thighs" defense.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13734.0.html

No luck for him so far.

He should've used the "too much blood in my thighs" defense.

Thank god. He's despicable for the line of defence he's taken given what he wants to do the whole system. Even Tyler is someone I don't have such anger towards as he at least didn't try to bring down the enitire anti doping movement like this Kazhakstani chap has
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    How was a Belgian court supposed to rule on a Kazakh getting caught in Turkey breaking the rules of a Swiss organization?
  • I'm guessing you can't get to the European Court of Human rights without going through some smaller courts first. No idea why they started in Belgium though. I honestly don't think he's got a leg to stand on and his legal team are trading on the Bosman ruling in order to make them look like it is something they can win. But really, I just can't see it. If they do then pro sport is even more finished than it already is and between the Premiership, Athletics and Cycling it is trying really hard to eat itself.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    One possibility is that if he wins, the UCI and WADA will be replaced with government based organisations that have full legal rights to handle employment contracts. It might not be a bad thing.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Agreed Jeff, UCI and WADA are not exactly doing themselves any good at the mo'.

I just don't get why these guys are falling prey to these legal vulchers. I would have given Kash this advise for nothing..........

-Hands up and say 'It's a fair cop'
    -Show remorse and do a little co-operating
    -Get your ban reduced, pay your fine
    -Spend your year off in humility and do some charity work back home in Kaz. (and blush if anybody asks you about it!)

Kash is really lucky, he is young and can ride out a ban, and comeback. He is probably idolised by the Astana sponsors and they would probably insist that Astana sees him alright with a new contract on his return. Job done!
  • drenkrom wrote:
    How was a Belgian court supposed to rule on a Kazakh getting caught in Turkey breaking the rules of a Swiss organization?

I think in the Belgian legal constitution it has something about ruling on cases anywhere in the world. I'm not exactly clear on how this works in practice, but in theory it exists.

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster