Morality of blood doping

2»

Comments

• Salsiccia wrote:
    yes Howard, everyone on here is retired or unemployed and are certainly not, in any way, shape or form "tossing it off on the internet on their employers time".

Oh no :roll:

And no-one here drives nice cars either, they're all lefty liberals and wouldn't dare to question you at all.
    As you were.
    I take it you two have met before? :wink:

Please let this topic proceed as mature and reasoned debate rather than a personal bickering session.
    Don't worry Salsiccia, I have no intention of encouraging anything which would encourage the spread of the 'Veloriders disease' to this forum. That is pathetic point-scoring and outright bullying of posters by right-wing petrol-heads masquerading as 'cyclists'. They often do a nice line in homophobia, immigrant bashing as so on as well. It's just like reading The Daily Mail at times! You'll need to join and look in the 'VR Saloon' to get the full 'VR experience' though. Not that I recommend it!
  • aurelio wrote:
    Don't worry Salsiccia, I have no intention of encouraging anything which would encourage the spread of the 'Veloriders disease' to this forum. That is pathetic point-scoring and outright bullying of posters by right-wing petrol-heads masquerading as 'cyclists'. They often do a nice line in homophobia, immigrant bashing as so on as well. It's just like reading The Daily Mail at times! You'll need to join and look in the 'VR Saloon' to get the full 'VR experience' though. Not that I recommend it!

or the Soapbox here Howard - http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 58&start=0
  • Good point. It would be foolish to suggest that cyclists who are disciples of right-wing dogma are only to be found in the 'VR saloon'. After all, one way or another, most everybody in Britain is one of 'Thatcher's' children'. Who knows, perhaps right-wing ideologies are becoming so ubiquitous in Britain that Paul Dacre of The Daily Mail will even get his way and the BBC will be forced to either promote views similar to those found in his paper or face having it's public funding withdrawn. Those who wish to see right-wing dogmas dominate the political agenda know that the only way their ideology can thrive is by silencing all alternative viewpoints. ('TINA, TINA'- 'There is no alternative' and they used to chant at Tory party conferences). The effect can be seen everywhere; in Britain's right-wing media; in the VR Saloon - perhaps even on this thread…

Anyhow, lets get back to the subject of blood doping. If you want to talk politics there is always 'Soapbox'. (Or the VR saloon). I won't be joining you though, having escaped from Airstrip One I try not to let such things worry me too much.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Woah, this is getting like the old C+ days, a few posts about bikes and the rest is spent "debating" politics, with people firmly encamped on different sides of an argument trading insults.

Back to morality. I said earlier on it wasn't a moral issue since it's plain illegal, indeed, It's a criminal matter in some countries. But remember who the victims of the crime are, the talented riders who refuse to take on such methods. For me, these guys are the real champions and I long for the day when real riders can come to the fore.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:
    Back to morality. I said earlier on it wasn't a moral issue since it's plain illegal, indeed, It's a criminal matter in some countries. But remember who the victims of the crime are, the talented riders who refuse to take on such methods. For me, these guys are the real champions and I long for the day when real riders can come to the fore.

Ok, but if it wasn't illegal would your objections evaporate? Would the bed wetters who refuse to take the needle just be losers?

If the answer is no then it's a moral question, n'est pas?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.