SR Suntour lockout Problem

trenchn
trenchn Posts: 24
edited October 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,
I have just taken delivery of a bright shiney Mongoose Tyax Super and have spent a very pleasurable couple of hours putting it together. However, noo matter which angle I look at it from I cannot work out how to connect the cable for the remote lockout. It is connected at the handlebar end, but there seems to be a piece missing on the forks! I have read and re-read the manueal and scoured the website, all to no avail.
Anybody got these forks that can help, or is there just some bright spark out there that simply knows.
Cheers
Nick :roll:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what forks? model and version (all the letters)
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I'd hazard a guess at Suntour XCR RL 100mm... well, I say guess but I just Googled it ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • trenchn
    Yes, Your spot on the forks are Suntour XCR RL 100mm.
    Can anyone help?
    Cheers
    Nick :D
  • CitizenLee
    I just had look at the exploded diagram on the website but it doesnt appear to offer much help. Have you checked that you have every part listed on the diagram?
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • trenchn
    Cant really tell. It came assembled, just the cable needed to be attached at the fork end. There doesn't appear to be anyway of attaching it.
    Nick
  • CitizenLee
    Is there nothing on the manual travel adjuster that looks like it would accept the cable? In the middle or on the side of the dial perhaps? Altough I'm sure that's probably the 1st thing you looked for.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    All I know is it looks like it fits on the right hand side (as you sit on the bike), dunno if it helps, just thought I'd mention it.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • deanvw
    deanvw Posts: 412
    i got those forks!!!