MTB-Wales.tv - new mtb video sharing site launches

Pidea
Pidea Posts: 15
edited October 2007 in MTB rides
A few weeks ago the MTB-Wales.com family doubled in size with the addition of MTB-Wales.tv.

As regular users of MTB-Wales.com will testify, over time it's got slower and slower and this is partly due to the increase in the number of downloads of the large video clips that are stored on the site in the Trail Videos section. When I first started uploading video clips waaaaaay back in 2002 very few people had broadband but now most do so the server is getting quite a hammering !

As a result I decided to move them onto a different server and, well to cut a long story short, I've ended up putting together a video sharing site similar to YouTube but just for Welsh mountain bike videos.

The site is now live at MTB-Wales.tv and I've uploaded most of the existing videos from MTB-Wales.com to it. In addition, around 15 other people have uploaded their video clips too.

Now YOU can do the same.

If you've got any video footage of any of the Welsh trails or videos of your friends crashing on them I'd love it if you could upload it. The more established southern Welsh trail centres (Afan Argoed / Cwmcarn) are well covered but there's not a lot of content for the new trail centres (Nant y Arian, Penmachno, Llandegla etc).

To upload your video, simply register on MTB-Wales.tv (it's free and takes a few seconds) and then click on the 'Upload' tab.

As soon as your video is uploaded and converted into the right format (this usually takes a few minutes), you'll get an email and it'll be available for others to watch and comment on.

I'm realistic enough to know that non-Welsh videos will be uploaded too. All I ask is that you pop those into the one of the non-Welsh trail categories (don't worry: it'll make more sense when you see the site).

Any feedback (good or bad) will be gratefully received.
29 UK on-line bike shops, 70,000 prices. Search them all from one place:
http://shopping.outdoor-equipment-review.com

Comments