Sinkewitz dished dirt on T-Mobile (06 flavour)

1235»

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    iainf72 wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:
    (Interesting to see that T-Mobile (the sponsor) are now pushing to have Aldag dumped from the team.)

Oh oh - Where did you see that?

cyclingnews, this morning

"Althoff (director of sponsoring for Deutsche Telekom) also indicated that Rolf Aldag's position as Sport Director must also be reviewed. In May Aldag joined Team Milram's Erik Zabel, a former T-Mobile rider, in confessing to the use of EPO while riding for the squad during the 1990s."

If Aldag goes, I believe Stapleton's position will be untenable.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    LangerDan wrote:
    If Aldag goes, I believe Stapleton's position will be untenable.

Agreed.

I'm a shoe in for the job, surely? I'd use a different management technique - FEAR.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I think you should have two, two! weapons. Fear AND Surprise!
  • iainf72
    Changes in the sport? WTF?

The American emphasized again the importance of changes that have been made at the team this year. "Patrik Sinkewitz's confession and the most recent media reports once again make the point that the steps that the T-Mobile Team management took in 2007 were necessary and that we have to continue with our anti-doping fight. After the change in management at the end of 2006, we undertook drastic changes in the team and in the sport itself. We changed a majority of the management and the riders and installed a comprehensive anti-doping programme. We have optimised this course for 2008," he added.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,105
    iainf72 wrote:
    Changes in the sport? WTF?
    Deep breaths Iain, deep breaths.

I'm wondering if Bob Stapleton is lurking on this forum and making public statements solely aimed to wind Iain up? It seems to be working. :wink:
  • iainf72
    I know it's not really fair to comment on this here, but

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/Com ... 54057.html

IMO, a horribly niave piece of writing - Its as bad as when the cycling press used to reprint Discovery / USPS press releases as journalism.

I would write to them but last time I told CW they were wrong about something I broke some bones later in the day, so my obsessive complusive side thinks it was payback. :shock:
  • iainf72
  • "Ferrari perhaps has a bad reputation but if all that he is doing is providing training programs we see nothing wrong with that."

As has been said before sure and that is what riders spend 30k a year on!!!