Tom Southam

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2007 in Pro race
He's not doing badly for someone who isn't cycling seriously anymore, eh?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/oc ... suntour070
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    I believe he's been taking it a bit more seriously in recent months - he was offered a place on a Australian pro team so took it up.

I think there is less pressure to conform in Australia, if you get my drift.
  • He will need to go well to force his way back into the National Team after Madrid.
  • iainf72
    No one likes a rebel, eh?

And if you consider his last pro team is now home to quite a few Brits, are they under the same pressure?
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    andyp wrote:
    I think there is less pressure to conform in Australia, if you get my drift.

Being a Monday and all, I'm feeling a bit slow. What do you mean?
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • andyp
    vermooten wrote:
    I mean that he can ride to a decent level in Australia without having to prepare in the correct manner, which may or may not have been the case when he was riding in Italy.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    aha the old preparation now I geddit
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • andyp
    He will need to go well to force his way back into the National Team after Madrid.
    I believe he's banned sine die from the national team after Madrid. Someone at BC ought to remember what professional cyclists do it for. A hint - it's not love.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    andyp wrote:
    vermooten wrote:
    I mean that he can ride to a decent level in Australia without having to prepare in the correct manner, which may or may not have been the case when he was riding in Italy.

Man you are a cynical lot 8)

Could it be a possibility than the field in this race is absolutely friggin' rubbish? Astana and Unibet are obviously on holiday, and the most of the teams I've never heard of. You'd get a better standard of racing in Italian 1.2 races.
  • iainf72
    andyp wrote:
    He will need to go well to force his way back into the National Team after Madrid.
    I believe he's banned sine die from the national team after Madrid. Someone at BC ought to remember what professional cyclists do it for. A hint - it's not love.

I bet it would be a different story if someone rode for the GB team when they were supposed to be riding for Italy or something.