Glentress v Dalby

darren_shaw56
darren_shaw56 Posts: 42
edited October 2007 in MTB rides
I was wondering what people think..............is Glentress better than Dalby or the other way around. The mudpackers have just spent a weekend in Glentress and some said it was better and Dalby would be better if it was only 15 miles long.

I think they are both unique and have different qualities..........so its down to personal preference.

So whats the view????

www.mtbmudpackers.co.uk

cheers

Darren :P

Comments

• schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Can't say I've ever been to Dalby, but you certainly can't go wrong with GT, so much there to keep you interested!
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Having been to both GT is harder both in technicality & climbing.

But saying that Dalby (my regular spot) is very, very good, it is a tough test of stamina & bike handling & lots of singletrack.

If the whole 23 miles is too much there are numerous ways of shortening it, just get a map & away you go.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    personally dalby 8) trails there are amazing and so flowy, cant wait to go again in 2 week 8)
  • robpape
    robpape Posts: 74
    I went to glentress earlier this year the climb at the begining of the red was an absoulute killer but well worth it for the ride back down through spooky wood.After we finished the section we all had huge grins on our faces and had to go back up to the top for another go.The rest of the red was fast flowing singletrack all the way to the bottom again well worth the journey up from York.
  • robpape
    I went to glentress earlier this year the climb at the begining of the red was an absoulute killer but well worth it for the ride back down through spooky wood.After we finished the section we all had huge grins on our faces and had to go back up to the top for another go.The rest of the red was fast flowing singletrack all the way to the bottom again well worth the journey up from York.
  • robpape
  • robpape
  • Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    OK we get it, you went to Glentress earlier this year, you liked it.

:wink:
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath