Merlin Rock Lobster Bargains

Brighty
Brighty Posts: 119
edited September 2007 in MTB general
Hi Guys

Just noticed Merlin are now putting 2008 XT and the v v nice Reba SL as standard on their rock lobsters, all for £900, or upgrade to Reba Teams and black wheels for £950.

Grab em while you can, i have one and can't recommend it enough. :P

Brighty

Comments

• jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Merlin really are the king of value bikes, it makes u wonder sometimes how they manage to make a profit with the great specs and low prices.

Mine is 4 yrs old now and still goin strong :D
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Firstly let me say hi to everyone (1st post).

I`m just getting back into MTBing after 10 years away, and loving it. Can`t believe how much things have moved on though. :D

Anyway I picked up my 2008 spec Rock Lobster on Wednesday, no bike can touch it spec wise in this price bracket and it is a fantastic piece of kit.

However i was checking today and noticed they had fitted a Race Face Evolve stem as apposed to the advertised Deus. I will be pulling them on this tomorow as the evolve is lower spec.

I hope i`m not being pedantic, even with the evolve its still well worth the money, what do you think?

And by the way i hate complaining.

Cheers Phil
  • pdid
    Just to update, they swapped it no problem today.

P
  • Did Merlin say why they'd used the other stem?

Oh, uh, hi everyone! :D
  • pdid
    They said that they look very similar, which they do. And the bike mechanic, who i spoke to, apologised and said he must have been having one of those days.

They are also very busy at the moment trying to build their 2008 showroom models. Still they sorted it no problem with only minor inconvenience to me.

P