IPCT copy the CSC system

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2007 in Pro race
http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=195635

75% increase in random tests and sending the results to WADA.

The UCI said Tuesday it now intends to take a more "forensic" approach to testing, in collaboration with the IOC-accredited laboratory in Lausanne and the University of Copenhagen
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• This is good news isn't it? Please tell me it is. I like the 'blood passport' idea and even more I like that it should be publicly available on the internet too.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Hmmm, I'm a bit hot on privacy so I'm not sure the data should be publically available.

But if they do this stuff well, it's a good step.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,070
    It depends on whether you think the CSC program is a valid one or not. A lot of people on here seem to be sceptical of it due to the fact that it was put in place by Riis and they don't think a leopard can change it's spots. (The same people still continue to criticise David Millar).

I think it's a positive step and one that is long overdue.
  • Agreed. As usual though the UCI aren't in the vanguard though are they? Take your point on privacy Iain, but I'm wondering, given the damage done to everyone's credibility over the last 18 months or so if they've gone past the point of laying claim to it with regard to indicators of doping or 'health related issues'.

Of course I'm sure the legal aspects are to do with 'human rights' and so on, but I suspect that a case could be made that if you already submit to the testing and the information is already published for your team, WADA, the UCI, the IPCT, race organsisers, sponsors and the TV money men, then why not the only people left out - us, the fans? Especially if at the time of a suspicious value they are stopped from racing or get a ban - I mean, the cat is out of the bag at that point anyway isn't it?

But I do take your point and I fully expect the riders to contest that if ever mentioned. Depends on who has the best employment lawyers I guess. Happy days for lawyers eh?