Dark at 7.30...pfffff

Bromski
Bromski Posts: 239
edited September 2007 in MTB general
I'm really down in the dumps.

Ive just been for a quick blast and I was struggling to see by the time I got back to the van at 7.30.

I have lights (BLT's) but they are only really good enough to use on the fireroads.

I spose I'll now have to consign myself that winter is here....

Spinning classes, anyone???

Comments

• billy79
    billy79 Posts: 607
    Yeah I totally know how you are feeling! Not long got back from a two week holiday mountain biking in scotland, and really got the bug back, but it just depressing seeing it get dark so early now!
    A PLACE FOR RIDERS
    http://www.moredirt.co.uk
  • It's crap I can only get a decent hour, hour and a half of riding in atm :( but soon it'll be getting dark at 5:30 - 6:00 :cry:
  • boys boys just get yoursells a descent light as for every night ride you do earns you a nice day riding in the summer. besides it will enhance you riding faster then any amount of training will do
    internet (in ter net), secret sanctuary of idiots and nutters.
  • Bromski
    That does make sense - to join the gym for 6 months from October to April would cost me about £240 so I suppose I could spend it on lights.

Never seen any of the really top of the range ones in action.

These are mine http://www.dotbike.com/ProductsP1558.aspx

If I could see some Lupine's or such like in action I would be more likely to part with the cash!
  • When do the clocks go back? It'll be even worse then :(

Think I'm going to hibernate.
  • Middle of october I think :?: :cry:
  • I was alright tonight, went out on my bmx instead down to the skatepark. got a good hour in or more. save the mtb for weekends and my half day fridays (oooohhhh yesssss - and yes its a proper job thanks :p )
  • adover
    adover Posts: 130
    I'm blessed with a job where it's relaxed to being a "8 hours from the time i get in" situation. Since it's started getting darker early ive been rolling in at 8am to leave for 4, give it a few weeks ill be getting in at 7, then 6.... :lol:
    On this note, what are the good reccomendations for some sound trail lights that cost less than say... £100?

@bromski, are those 55£ beasts any good?!
  • I was alright tonight, went out on my bmx instead down to the skatepark. got a good hour in or more

smart thinking 8)

I ride my BMX alot more in the Winter, i go to my local skatepark (Cantelowes, NW London) which is flood lit by the football pitch next door until 9pm, and if its wet go to Bay66 in Ladbroke Grove (W London) which is covered by the A40 flyover :wink:

save the MTB for Sunday rides :D
    check out my riding - www.robcole.co.uk Banshee Factory Team rider, Da Kine UK Team rider, www.freeborn.co.uk www.eshershore.com
  • Bromski
    adover

they are fine on the fireroads and wider forest tracks but anything trickier and it's sketchy.

I got them for £45 from the LBS :wink: