A few races

Denny69
Denny69 Posts: 206
edited September 2007 in XC and Enduro
Right okay guys......I'm limbering myself up to try and do a couple of XC events next year....not competitively just for the hell of saying " I did that!".

The chariot I'll probably use will be my XTC4....yeah I know it's not exactly a anorexic bike...but I'm not an anorexic person either!!! :lol:

Will this ride be okay for a XC event?, like I say I'm just in it to say I did it, places mean little too me at the moment!! Just in it for the experience!!

Cheers
Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny

Comments

• The XTC4 will be fine for a bit of XC racing. Get stuck in have fun and enjoy the experience for sure:)
  • Denny69
    Denny69 Posts: 206
    Cheers shanexs.......I thought it would be a bit lardy for XC even though it's a mid(ish) range XC bike......what can I say.....fell in love with it when I seen it!!
    Heaven kicked me out and Hell was too afraid I'd take over!!!

Fighting back since 1975!!

Happy riding

Denny
  • Hey Denny69 You've still got all winter to get some great riding in too :) come next year you'll be flying along! I started racing (many years ago now!) on a far worse bike than your rather nice XTC4. Happy riding
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Good luck with it all. I'm in a similar boat, getting fit quite quickly and planning on taking my hardtail for my first jaunt into racing, went along to watch this year, doesn't look too terrifying :)
  • sameas well but i have 2 wait untill next year for the midlands series
  • toasty
    Ah cool, should see you there living in Leamington Spa myself. I'm planning on going to the Trailquest in Cannock Chase in a month first. Only noticed it recently and I've never done anything competitive before on my bike, eek.
  • when is that? coz my uncle was on about that. if its the 7th or 6th of oct i cant do it coz im doin the viking challenge at redmile near belvoir castle
  • toasty
    http://www.midlandtrailquests.co.uk/

Sun 4 Nov 2007
    Cannock Chase Classic
    3 Hours
    Midlands Winter Series 2007-2008
  • cheers toasty