Zaskar re-issue

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited August 2007 in MTB general
Zaskar-reissue-small.jpg

Nice eh?! Same tubes and graphics as the original, but with disc mounts. Will also have V mounts. 80 only in UK, £699!

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Looks tasty. Hate GT's tripple triangle business though...
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • supersonic
    AZaskar without a triple triangle?! Would be like a good night out without a kebab after and a hangover ;-)
  • davydesign
    davydesign Posts: 178
    are you gonna get one then 'sonic?
  • supersonic
    I think the pre order list has them all sold out, but I will email hot wheels and see! Cant really afford one, but would like to own one. Good thing is should push the value of mine up!
  • davydesign
    davydesign Posts: 178
    would have thought GT would let you jump the queue as you're one of their biggest enthusiasts! :wink:
  • Scubar
    Scubar Posts: 453
    Like the shine on it, hate GTs triple triangle though, looks awful imo.

My Marin Hawkhill 2007 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1382583/
  • supersonic
    There's a GT Supersonic for 2009 ;-)
  • russjm
    russjm Posts: 31
    Before it was knicked, I had a GT Backwoods. I loved it, and liked the feel and performance of the bike, and to be honest, I like the triple triangle design too, aesthetically.

My dream bike back then was a Zaskar, but it was always out of my price range. I've recently switched my allegeance to Trek, but I'd still have a Zaskar if it ever became possible, I think they're fantastic looking bikes.
    "It's not about the bike, it's about what you do with it"
  • supersonic
    Well said ;-)

I think most people in the 90s wanted one - the original hardcore hardtail that was strong enough for DH, trials and jumping yet light enough for XC, and looked the dogs nuts. Luckily I got one in 1998 and its still going strong The newer ones became more 'XC' but this is right back to the roots, and the carbon Zaskars look ace too. The legend is back ;-)
  • russjm
    russjm Posts: 31
    Yeah, the carbon Zaskar is a stunner.
    "It's not about the bike, it's about what you do with it"
  • I remember the days of countless people writing into MBUK:
    "I broke my bike again, what should I buy?"

"Zaskar."

8)

Dependable little scamps.
    Anybody know how many Zaskar X's were sold in the UK?
    Wheelies ARE cool.

Zaskar X
  • shivadread
    shivadread Posts: 110
    Absolutely stunning, nearly finished my 97 Zaskar but is no where as shiney as that baby.
    Since they've built a Carbon one I think they should make a Titanium one, now that would be nice.

SUPERSONIC while on the subject of Zaskars, what seat post does the 97 take as at the mo I have a 27.2 but that is well too tight so just ordered a 26.8, hope it fits, also what size BB have you got in yours.
  • supersonic
    My 96 is a 26.8, though its and the 97 is listed as 27.0.

GT did do two Ti models, the Xizang and the Lightning.

Xizang:

xizang1.jpg
  • shivadread
    shivadread Posts: 110
    SUPERSONIC that Xijang is nice and there is a Lightening on ebay UK at the moment, do you think if I have a 26.8 seatpost it will be ok as I was wondering whether to go for the 27 but then decided on 26.8 as the difference in sizes are so miniscule. Be gutted if I have to send it back to CRC as it's too late to cancel my order today :x
  • supersonic
    Ideally you shouldnt be more than 0.1mm out. My bike came with a 26.8 so i always assumed that is what it was - though it is an LE version.
  • Hey Supersonic, is this gonna crack like the original too? Just kidding, looks fantastic and I want one! :wink: