Pasta

2»

Comments

• adifiddler
    adifiddler Posts: 113
    I am a big fan of yours Jonesy, you would be welcome to draft me anytime.

As for carbs the advice i had drummed into me when i raced was to eat complex carbs like pasta and the such throughout the day, the secret being little but often, i was eating between 5 and 7 meals a day depending if i was preparing for a race or not.

Carbs give you energy and speed up recovery.

Don't forget protein though as this aids muscle growth, my last meal each day was high in protein.

Get your fill of vitamins and minerals and dont forget to take salt on board.

Remember a healthy diet taken little and often.
    No 1 fan in the jonesy124 Fan Club
  • jonesy124
    jonesy124 Posts: 205
    adifiddler - nice signature :D

Well so far today I have had a banana and a bite of my friends scotch egg.
    I went down to brightibn for the weekend so didnt cycle for 2 days and treated my body very badly! The ride to work this morning HURT! I feel very guilty and will have to make up for it today.
  • Archcp
    Archcp Posts: 8,987
    Don't really come here any more, but I have my spies you know... :shock:

Fickle men... thanks a bunch, ddraver... :roll: :wink:

Jonesy watch out for this lot. :wink: The attention is very nice, but you'll be fighting them off with a big stick soon. Be especially careful of anyone called Patrick from Wales... :wink:

Never mind. I'm busy enough over at Cyclechat...

Oh, and I'm an auntie now!

Byeeee!
    If I had a baby elephant, it could help me clean the car. If I had a car.
  • Archcp wrote:
    The attention is very nice, but you'll be fighting them off with a big stick soon. Be especially careful of anyone called Patrick from Wales... :wink:

!

Fancy going out for a ride sometime? :wink:
  • jonesy124
    The infamous Arch - hello. :)

I get the feeling that most of the stuff said here is in jest. Some of them are questioning if I am a real person or possible a fat balding man who has stolen someone photo!?

Congratulations on becoming an Auntie - all the fun of playing with small cute baby without the hassle of getting covered in poo and vomit at 3am.
  • jonesy124
    Hello Patrick - so why do I have to watch out for you then?
  • jonesy124 wrote:
    Hello Patrick - so why do I have to watch out for you then?

For some strange reason Arch believes me to be a lecherous old sex maniac. :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • ... and we were lead to believe that Arch has actually met Patrick - ONCE.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    The sad fact is that Patrick is an old flatulent fat biffa who lives on cans of condensed milk and emits more methane than a herd of BSE ridden cows. That's why you have to watch out for him...

...that and the fact that he's a lecherous horny old toad always on the look-out for young female flesh.

Myself, I'm perfectly blameless :wink:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • jonesy124
    :lol: so why only ONCE? what happened that one time patrick?
  • McBain_v1
    Flatulence I bet...

• beckenham
    beckenham Posts: 242
    Looks as though he has a beard as well, enough said :!:
    Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements
  • McBain_v1 wrote:
    ...that and the fact that he's a lecherous horny old toad always on the look-out for young female flesh.

Myself, I'm perfectly blameless :wink:

This might be connected to the fact that the "females" of the certain Northern town which you inhabit, tend to weigh upwards of 20 stone and have larger moustaches than Freddy Mercury.
  • McBain_v1
    Alas Patrick is right. My legs are shaved more regularly than those of the lasses around here and when it comes to fearsome moustaches, it's the lasses that have the beer foam stuck to their top lips :lol: Anyone watching "Two Pints of Lager..." who thinks "It can't possibly be that bad" had better think again.

Still, I hear Patrick's taking DulcoEase™ now and so he will no doubt become more approachable as time wears on :wink:

• ... and we were lead to believe that Arch has actually met Patrick - ONCE.

Arch became suspicious when she saw me grating rhino horn into her gin and tonic. :oops:
  • you mean you told her that's what you were doing and she fell for it… :shock:
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    ... and we were lead to believe that Arch has actually met Patrick - ONCE.

Arch became suspicious when she saw me grating rhino horn into her gin and tonic. :oops:

You told me it was Flunitrazepam!
    ________
    GIFT CARDS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol