Turner Spot and XTR or Sram X9 als Avid &'s or Hope brak

skyerose123
skyerose123 Posts: 4
edited July 2007 in MTB general
Hi, I am impatiently awaiting my new Turner 5.5 Spot to be delivered. Unfortunately there as been a bit of a wait and I have been told different delivery times. Has anyone had similar problem or can tell me a definate time for the frames to become available in the Uk.

Also which is the best XTR front and rear derailures and levers or Sram X9 rear derailure and levers with XTR front mech. Both seem similary priced.

And whist I am on the subject Avid Juicy 7's or Hope Mono Minis.

Thanks for reading and happy mountain biking.

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    XTR is much nicer than SRAM X9 (even X0 IMO). I'd always go with Shimano.

I would rather have Shimano brakes as well, but out of those two choices I would go with Hope Minis. Excellent modulation and a lovely lever feel but just a bit of an arse to set up and maintain.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and here i would go X-9 (or X-0) and avids.

the triggers is very personal but the shimano has a similar action to the sram allowing the sole use of the thumb.

but try before buying.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Scubar
    Scubar Posts: 453
    I would have to go with Shimano for Gears and Avid for brakes. I found Srams to have a really clunky feel to them when shifting compared to the smooth action of Shimanos. As for brakes i would pick the Juicy 7s purely because i prefer the feel of them and im not keen on the design that hope uses for its levers/rotors ( nothing wrong with the braking power though just me being picky )

My Marin Hawkhill 2007 - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1382583/