TdF 2007, a French disaster?

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited July 2007 in Pro race
I think it's fair to assume, that they'll be no major changes to overall positions, as the race tootles along to it's conclusion.
So, ou se trouve les Francais?

GC
Mon Dieu, le meilleur est Stephane Goubert, vingt-septieme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.06.20 down! (Sounds like one of my better "25" performances)

Points.
Sebastien Chavanel, 4th, might change,but only get worse, as Hushovd is only 5 behind, Zabel's 45 ahead.
(Oh, how come there's a few rider on negative points?)

Mountains.
Laurent Lefevre 5th

Best Young Rider
Benoît Vaugrenard, 12th, 2.50.44, nearly 3 hours adrift of things. Not a good sign for the future, I suspect M.Hinault will be the last Frenchman to win for many years yet!

So, we'll have no Frenchmen on the podium, well, not to collect any prizes, unless there's a raffle prize or two. :lol:

Nothing much to break out the champagne for, back to the bar and weep into the pastis mes amies!
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Oh, how come there's a few rider on negative points?

Fines for infringing race rules (holding on to cars etc) I believe.

Hmmm............no great chance of the French winning another Tour for the next few years eh?

I wonder how Remi di Gregorio would have got on in the mountains (he quit with broken elbow in first week)..........he's been supposed to be the next Virenque...........hopefully without the drugs and tears.
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Is anyone else finding it uncomfortable having no work distractions during the afternoons? The day seems empty somehow...

There's little to do now other than actually working (except posting on forums, of course).
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    ricadus wrote:
    Is anyone else finding it uncomfortable having no work distractions during the afternoons? The day seems empty somehow...

There's little to do now other than actually working (except posting on forums, of course).

It's horrible isn't it: the afternoon is a yawning void!
  • bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    you should add another choice

Le Grand Embarrasment
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....