PTP - Congratulations

ContrelaMontre
ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
edited July 2007 in Pro race
Well done to everyone who scored well in the TdF PTP, but I'd like to single out Ridgerider for his successful 'bread and water' points scoring!

You deserved 10 points from the fateful etape 15! :evil:

Also, I in particular doubted his ability, but Kim Kirchen has scored you 40 points for the overall. 40 points more than Andreas Klöden scored for me!!! :cry: :x

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and I hope we can all start concentrating on the racing and less on the scandals.

And for the first time I believe I've fallen behind Noodley Bananas in the bananaguard league - something will have to be done about that! :twisted: I'm out to get you Noodley!!!! Look out! :lol:

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster

Comments

• Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    I'm warming my banana as I type, in anticipation of it having a new home by the end of the season :lol: :oops: :shock: :wink:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Does this mean people still think T-"We were warned about Sinkewitz dodgy behaviour but it appears out DS who was tainted anyway shielded him and oh, we used doping doctors for half the year" Mobile are still some kind of examples of virtue?

:P

Impressed with KK's ride actually.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ContrelaMontre
    iainf72 wrote:
    Does this mean people still think T-"We were warned about Sinkewitz dodgy behaviour but it appears out DS who was tainted anyway shielded him and oh, we used doping doctors for half the year" Mobile are still some kind of examples of virtue?

:P

Impressed with KK's ride actually.

Why do you think the 'bread and water' are in inverted commas!! :lol:

• ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Are you perhaps suggesting that I was aware of Patrick's situation prior to the start of the Tour but chose to deliberately ignore the issue and remain on my High Ground looking at all the flotsum in the flood waters washing around the valleys below me!!!

I've been both surprised and dissappointed by the news coming out of T-Mobile over the season to date. I must come over as a bit of an ignoramous for falling for their "clean team" statement at the start of the season all those, all those dreams ago. In reality, they probably were no better or worse than any other team in the past...but I still think that they are better than most at the present.

On to more important things though, watching KKs programme for the early season, it was obvious that the TdF was his main target for the Summer. Rogers withdrew with a knee problem from TdSuisse so he was never going to last 3 weeks in July. Also...as a pom, I was never going to pick an aussie to win was I???

To do the PTP seriously (!) you would need to follow the rotas of all the teams in some depth to see who was being primed for which race of stage. Perhaps this is what all the rest of you do...

Having eaten in a 2 star Michelin restaurant in July, I think it will be back to fish and chips for the rest of the year.
    Half man, Half bike
  • ContrelaMontre
    A certain amount of luck, methinks, Ridge! But well done all the same. Funny to think KK might not have made the top 10 had Astana and Ras not 'withdrawn' - but maybe that is emblematic of his clean approach... I hope so!

The most disturbing news for me is the distance by which Noodley Bananas has leadfrogged me (now there's an image to conjure with!!! :? ) Pink Bananaguard league scores updated below. :(

Still there are plenty more races to go. As they say, "It's a marathon, not a sprint."

• ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I'll take luck, thank you very much!
    Half man, Half bike