Fox F100X Terralogic

steelo
steelo Posts: 542
edited July 2007 in MTB general
Am I right in thinking that these are race forks? My mate has some, paid £650ish for them new, and after using them for 6-8months has realised that they need servicing. On further investigation he has found that they need servicing after every 15 hours of use!

Is this correct? How come Fox don't advertise this?
Specialized Rockhopper '07
Trek Fuel EX8 '09

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    By servicing I presume you mean removing the seals and cleaning them out a bit. I never bother on mine and its probably why they have worn out so much so quickly. Its worth doing and it doesn't take too long to do. Buy a bottle of Fox Float fluid and just lube up the foam ring every month or so to keep it sweet.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • steelo
    steelo Posts: 542
    I don't think its just a quick clean up. They were sent to Mojo for a full service, and they said it needed to be done every 15 hours of use. My main point of argument is that nowhere I can find on the Fox website does it say anything about servicing, or any other fork website, i.e. Rock Shox don't give a guide on when to service your forks. Maybe i've just not read the manual fully?
    Specialized Rockhopper '07
    Trek Fuel EX8 '09
  • ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    That's incorrect.

Basically, after:

Every ride; wash down stanchions and exterior
    Every 25 hours; clean dust wipers and clean/lube foam rings
    Annually or every 200 hours (whichever comes first); inspect the bushings, replace the FLOAT fluid and change the oil.

I got that from my manual.
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.