Forum home Mountain biking forum Events, competitions and races XC and Enduro

new bike wat do i get

ima 3ima 3 Posts: 6
edited July 2007 in XC and Enduro
i want a new bike in the price range of £400-£600. it has to be hardy and strong but also light wat should i get.

thanks

• L60NL60N Posts: 223
    Have you got anything in mind? A good starting point is in your bike shop where you will get to sit on a few you fancy, this will start to narrow the search :wink:

BTW, its What, not wat :wink::wink:
  • dylancrispdylancrisp Posts: 116
    are you completly new at biking or do you have some expierience
    supersonic wrote:
    Happens to me all the time... went to Netto once to get a few beers and a pizza, came home with an electric guitar.
  • ima 3ima 3 Posts: 6
    i hav been biking for a year now so u could say im not a complete newbie
    oh ok ,
    what bike do you have now
    supersonic wrote:
    Happens to me all the time... went to Netto once to get a few beers and a pizza, came home with an electric guitar.
    gary fisher merlin 2004
  • supersonicsupersonic Posts: 82,708 Lives Here
    Marlin.

You need to give us a bit more info really, like whats up with your current bike, what type of riding do you do, any preferences etc. Quite a few threads already on this price band too.
    discs are a need as i dont like my v's i do mostly cross country and a bit of freeride i only want a hardtail 4'-5' inch travel and a strong pair of wheels
  • supersonicsupersonic Posts: 82,708 Lives Here
    Commencal Combi disc
    Carrera Fury
    GT Avalanche 1.0
    GT Aggressor XC1
    have you got any bikes in mind.....try searching

http://www.evanscycles.com
    http://chainreactioncycles.com
    then find some bikes that you think you might like and ask us if they are good or not
    supersonic wrote: