Trails in cheshire warrington

mik...1
mik...1 Posts: 39
edited July 2007 in MTB rides
Any people know of any routes trail around warrington starting there and finishing just for training ect ect .

Comments

• andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Road, offroad ? How far, how hard ?
  • mik...1
    Andy m8 i live in birchwood and there,s a route i use of road through forest park upto the moterway and onwards along M62 and back about 5 mile or so but i want some more areas trails ect ect for in the week or when i cant get away at weekend to wales or elsewhere .
    So basically of road m8 and distance wise not really to fussy short or long please m8 .
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    I think Sankey Valley Park has an off road all the way from Birchwood and this route takes you on to the Trans Pennine Trail.
  • mik...1
    Cheers omegas i,ll look into that m8.are you local ish ?.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    I ride a route round the fields of Burtonwood, I can basically ride off road from the back of Halfords on the Alban prk(Winwick rd) up to B'wood, heading towards Tan house lane. then along to the canal and back again the same way. 10 miles? ish........ quite a pleasant route, nothing technical or steep! mind, Cheshire's basically flat anyway! But with the weather we've had, I can guarantee that some of the tracks would be virtually impassable.

I'm not a milion miles from Ron Spencer cycles on Orford lane....
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • mik...1
    ratty2k

Its been like that on the one i do around b/wood forest park is ok as its on shail grit but once you come off and head up to the moterway M62 then its a bit unpassable in areas .
    So what i tend to do is ride up to forest park from b/wood train station along the brook and couple of times up around the hills on forest pk and back .
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    heh! Wondered what you were on about for a bit. B'wood train station?

Your B'wood- Birch
    my B'wood- Burton..

Doh!! :oops:
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • mik...1
    Ha Ha ,never mind .