Gary Imlach

Mike Healey
Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
Is Gary Imlach morphing into Lance Armstrong? I think we should be told
Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/

Comments

• stage_fright
    stage_fright Posts: 218
    ok - slightly off topic but...Richard Dunn sports centre? in honour of the boxer who in the 70s took on Ali for the world title?

He spent a few rounds trying to win by head-butting Ali's fists if I remember - tho it was a long time ago and I may be recalling wrongly!
    Chocolate makes your clothes shrink
  • Ghost Donkey
    Ghost Donkey Posts: 914
    The fight was before I was born but the properganda I got at school was he was considered a hero for daring to go in the ring with him. He probably got paid a lot for it too.
  • stage_fright
    Have to agree - Ali was doing a fight a month or so at the time (any boxing buffs please feel free to correct me, but I think he used the phrase 'Chump of the Month' to describe his opponents?) and Dunn was British champion (and a former Para?). Oddly I recall the fight taking place outside the UK, but then I was pretty young at the time!

although woefully outclassed - he got in the ring when most of us would not even have considered it!
  • Elskippy
    Elskippy Posts: 35
    Is Gary Imlach morphing into Lance Armstrong? I think we should be told

I noticed this! He is getting really skinny!
  • stage_fright
    perhaps Mr Imlach has discovered...cycling!
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    Having chatted to him on a couple of occasions I can report he is a jolly nice chap - as you say probably a keen cyclist, hence the morphing!

a serious case of small cogs
  • Elskippy
    Elskippy Posts: 35
    I'm developing a rather embarrassing crush on Mr I. :oops: