Biking and camping in the peak district.

jammieeeee
jammieeeee Posts: 389
edited July 2007 in Routes
Me and my friends are looking to go biking for a few days camping overnight. we will most likely be looking to camp for 2 or 3 nights.

We live near Nottingham so do not want to travel too far.

I am looking for anyone who knows of a clean and secure campsite central to good trails.

We are not looking for DH or DJ. I would say we want decent xc loops that last between 2 and 3 hours. Trails containing technical sections and flowing singletrack would be perfect. Climbs are not a problem as the descents are always worth the effort ;)

So if anyone knows of a campsite and decent trails in the peak district near to a campsite please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• jammieeeee
    jammieeeee Posts: 389
    I am hoping to get this booked within the week so any help would be great.

If anyone could tell me of a Decent bike shop in the peak district this would be great.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    You could do worse than base yourself in Edale,its a bit out of the way but has 2 good pubs,theres a couple of campsites too this one has good reviews

http://www.fieldhead-campsite.co.uk/facilities.html

Alternatively you could stay in Castleton or Hope.Any of these 3 areas have absolutely stunning rides with world class descents.You can get to the Ladybower reservoir trails from Edale via Jaggers clough(good climb)for great climbs/desents.If you require any specific route advice let me know.As for bikeshops theres one in Hope but the name escapes me!
  • ibbowmb
    ibbowmb Posts: 13
    Same person different(ish)name i've PMd you my e-mail address if you need anything else
    Its grim up north(snigger)
  • clipper
    clipper Posts: 60
    Hope is a good base, has a decent bike shop (18 Cycles), shops, pubs and a great campsite called Pindale. There's also the Woodbine Cafe for a full english to get you started for the day.