Edinburgh to Cardiff road trip, where should I stop off

Steve_F
Steve_F Posts: 682
edited July 2007 in Routes
Hi,

I am travelling from Edinburgh to Cardiff next month for my mate's wee lad's christening so thought I should make a road trip of it and take the bike (and probably the golf clubs!).

So, where should I make sure I don't miss on the way down? Probably take 3 or 4 days biking each day + a hungover day around Cardiff if there is anything not too demanding around there.

For an idea of what I'm after I usually ride 7stanes especially Glentress, most extreme I've tried if Fort Bill and found that tough going.

Any advice would be much appreciated, cheers.
Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
+ cheap road/commuting bike

Comments

• You wont be dissapointed at any of the 7stanes (except Glentrool- unless you like really long 58k rides, without man made stuff). Mabie is good- try the kona darkside trail if you like super tricky, technical stuff.

I also here there are some really good trails in Wales.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    Thanks for the reply. Tried a good few of the 7stanes but was probably looking for something further afield this time as will be heading south out of Scotland, through England then possibly down throught the whole of Wales. A stop off around the Dumfries area might be a plan tho' but have done that before!
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike