Where would you go??

ivancarlos
ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
edited July 2007 in The bottom bracket
A lot of forummers have expressed their disappointment with the new site (agree) and that they will push off somewhere else. Where would you go though? Should we be seeking a bit of consensus on where we end up?
I have pain!

Comments

• Krypton
    Krypton Posts: 466
    A few have registered at www.cyclechat.co.uk but being a small site it doesn't have much to offer in terms of active topics ... however .... :idea:
    --
    Stopped smoking, saved a fortune. Started cycling, spent it all!
  • Max Weber
    Max Weber Posts: 183
    I might sell a kidney to finance a move over to Weight Weenies.
  • domtyler
    domtyler Posts: 2,648
    edited March 2011
    I'll buy your kidney, how big is it?
    ________
    NEW RELATIONSHIP ADVICE DICUSSION
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Porridge not Petrol
  • stephec
    stephec Posts: 795
    I asked a similar question, placed it in beginners by mistake though. :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 7#14522037
  • penugent
    penugent Posts: 913
    I think this forum is just fine.

To all that are leaving - bye bye :lol:
  • jw31
    jw31 Posts: 33
    I was just getting into the old forum so stick with it C+'s, right about the blue on white background though. Nasty brain-ache and urrgh!!
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    The WMB crew have set up their own forum, thanks to the IT skilss of one of their number. I'm sure someone in your lot with IT skill could do the same.

This place just isn't right
  • Rhythm Thief
    Rhythm Thief Posts: 2,787
    Just registered at cyclechat - cheers Krypton!
  • ivancarlos
    Looks like cyclechat is the place to be 8)
    I have pain!
  • Canrider
    Canrider Posts: 2,253
    Having just looked at cyclechat, I have to laugh. People are praising it for its colour scheme...it's white..and blue..just like here! :( :roll: :?
    "We will never win until the oil runs out or they invent hover cars - but then they may land on us." -- lardarse rider
  • Yorkshireman
    Yorkshireman Posts: 999
    Canrider wrote:
    Having just looked at cyclechat, I have to laugh. People are praising it for its colour scheme...it's white..and blue..just like here! :( :roll: :?

No, it`s mostly shades of blue and a little bit of pink - check your monitor settings :? .
    Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat... but the wind is mostly in your face!
  • Asterixcp
    Asterixcp Posts: 6,251
    I thought I'd have a go in a cyclechat for a change and registered early yesterday. No email yet - how long does it take?

I tried re-registering in case I'd cocked up somewhere, but I'm kind of registered but not registered..

I've nothing against MTB riders and ride tracks often in France as where I am they form part of the road network. In fact I am not really a roadie in the competitive sense, but am very much a road-user type cyclist. IMO the combination of this forum is crap whichever way you are coming from.
    Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    I regsitered and got an immediate reply - but I am considerably more importnt than you! :lol::wink:
  • Asterixcp
    Asterixcp Posts: 6,251
    Yeah, well I've snuck in and am now on there as 'temporary' so just you watch it, pal. :evil:
    Pour vivre heureux, vivons le v‚lo..
  • ivancarlos
    OT why was there an exodus to ACF from C+ in the past?
    I have pain!
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    Wasn't it due to heavy handed moderating or something?
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • speshcp
    speshcp Posts: 3,746
    Wasn't it due to heavy handed moderating or something?

That, and for a number of reasons*, things were getting a tad toxic all round at the time.

Regarding the moderation episode, a small clue may be found here**:

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... C_ID=68522

If my memory serves, FatBloke made a post which contained the words "Armstrong" and "drugs", and was (based on comments from others) intended to refer to LA's treatment for cancer. Because of certain previous events, Future were, at the time, very jumpy about anything which could conceivably involve lawyers, so he got moderated with extreme prejudice. As if LA was notified of everything said about him on cycling fora... :roll:

It's interesting to note that it was only after this episode that a sticky (see link below) was posted on the subject of defamatory or libellous posts, not that it ever stopped people from sailing very close to the wind.

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... C_ID=72076

* Which I won't go into, because my memory of these is inexact, and I don't think you'll get a fully objective account of them from anyone who was around at the time anyway.

** I'm amazed that I could find this thread, because normally, any thread that was inactive for one month was archived, and then only for month before being consigned to electronic oblivion.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." (Albert Einstein)
  • Buggi
    Buggi Posts: 674
    Thank God i found you all !!!! i thought i was lost :shock:

stick with it guys, it's just coz your not used to the style, but you will soon get the hang of things.

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia
  • Buggi
    Buggi Posts: 674
    changed my mind. the quote thing is crap. can we have quotes in a different colour coz i keep re-reading the text. o help. me not like. :(

and why is commuting not in the road bit?? that's our forum!

To infinity... and beyond!
    my epic adventure: www.action.org.uk/~Antonia
  • dazzawazza
    dazzawazza Posts: 462
    "and why is commuting not in the road bit?? that's our forum"

I agree; CP rocks!!!