Cannondale fork SI or Slice Premium +

jawscp
jawscp Posts: 17
edited November 2012 in Workshop
Does anyone know where I can buy a new C'dale fork SI or Slice Premium Plus?
During my last ride I went into the manhole at 45 Km/h and I heard a weird noise. To tell you the truth the manhole wasn't too deep but now I am really worry about the notorius "catastrophic failure of the carbon" and I'd rather change the fork than put myself in serious danger.

Eventually what about the compatibility with other forks?
I would like to buy the Easton EC90 SL.

Many Thanks
Walk right side, safe. Walk left side, safe.
Walk middle, sooner or later, you get squished just like grape.

Comments

• I tried to buy some last year, couldn't find them anywhere. Even Cannondale couldn't help

My bikes - http://flickr.com/photos/82587774@N00/
  • Jaws it jsut so happens that I have one. Send me a pm for price.

"People setting the pace too fast on the front are abused to slow down. Riders that do not share the work are abused. Riders that need abuse get abused and the abuse is done in every language so they get the message"
  • jawscp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by demongrinder2000V.2.1</i>

Jaws it jsut so happens that I have one. Send me a pm for price.

"People setting the pace too fast on the front are abused to slow down. Riders that do not share the work are abused. Riders that need abuse get abused and the abuse is done in every language so they get the message"
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I would like to know whether the fork is really new.
    I mean... never built it up.
    On Ebay there are two PSP but I'd rather keep mine than put it on used (don't know how).

Anyway do you have any pictures?
    What kind of model do you have available? (SI or PSP)

I am sorry for doing all this questions but safety is something really important for me.
  • jawscp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ColinT</i>

I tried to buy some last year, couldn't find them anywhere. Even Cannondale couldn't help

Yes, Cannondale's Customer Service is really unresponsive.
    I wrote to TREK once. The answer arrived in a couple of hours!
    Probably I've chosen the wrong bike.
  • jawscp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jaws</i>

Does anyone know where I can buy a new C'dale fork SI or Slice Premium Plus?
    During my last ride I went into the manhole at 45 Km/h and I heard a weird noise. To tell you the truth the manhole wasn't too deep but now I am really worry about the notorius "catastrophic failure of the carbon" and I'd rather change the fork than put myself in serious danger.

Eventually what about the compatibility with other forks?
    I would like to buy the Easton EC90 SL.

Many Thanks

I am going to buy the Easton EC90 SL.
    There's something special to have (i.e. tools, etc.), that my LBS couldn't have to put it on this fork?
    In that case, does anyone know a Cannondale dealer in London with a serious workshop?
  • Cyclistm
    Cyclistm Posts: 758
    Forks are fairly easy to fit. The difficult part is getting the crown race from the old fork and fitting it squarely to the new one - LBS would be best to do this if you are not confident.

Otherwise, cutting the steerer is the next tricky job. You'll need a brand new hacksaw and some means of cutting it straight - I use an old stem. Oh and get a face mask to avoid inhaling the fumes.
  • jawscp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ColinT</i>

I tried to buy some last year, couldn't find them anywhere. Even Cannondale couldn't help

I don't know why but Cannondale doesn't answer to customers.
    There are a lots of post in many cycling forum, where you can find that Cannondale's customer service is unresponsive.
    If you want an answer, please contact an official dealer.
    I wrote to Evans Cycles.
    They can order the Slice SI... at 185 Pounds (delivery included)[:0]

Regards

• Dam I forgot about the fork Jaws. Sorry If you still want me to send you somepictures let me know ok.

• jawscp
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by demongrinder2000V.2.1</i>

Dam I forgot about the fork Jaws. Sorry If you still want me to send you somepictures let me know ok.

Thank you for your thought...
    I've already done it.

• I am one that experienced a sudden and catastrophic failure of my Cannondale Premium carbon forks on my R5000 last night. Cruising along at my usual 24 Km/hr, heard a loud SNAP and plowed my face into the pavement with my feet still clipped! The damage to my helmet tells me I am very lucky to be alive, even with a stitched-up gash in my face and a mangled shoulder. A rider's worst nightmare but at least I wasn't flying down a hill. Here's a photo of the forks.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108892438063607720242/albums/5806400486291650033/5806400525937467346

Anyone heard of this?