Ever complained to a bus company?

Mister Paul
Mister Paul Posts: 719
edited December 2011 in Commuting chat
There seems to be some suspicion about the way bus companies respond to complaints about poor driving.

I thought I'd see if I could gather evidence to compare, and see whether there is anything to support the suspicion. With a view to addressing the situation in the most suitable way.

So....if you have ever had a response letter from a bus company, please would you consider emailing me with details? I'd like to have a rough idea of the incident, what you said in your complaint, and details of the reply from the company. If you have a letter which you could scan and copy to me this would be great.

If you're interested in helping then please click the envelope icon above and get in touch.

Thanks

Comments

• palinurus
    palinurus Posts: 836
    There's a thread on ACF called "letters of complaint", I think there's a couple of examples there.
  • magnatom
    magnatom Posts: 492
    Mister Paul,

I don't know if you saw the threads but I successfully complained to First Glasgow providing them with a video recording. Not only have they changed their driver training (I should be finding out how soon) but they agreed to take part in the Give Cyclists Room Campaign. This should be publicised within the next week or so within the local press.

I can send you details of the e-mails I sent and the replies I got (I could scan the letters in) if you like. Let me know if you are interested.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    A bus went to overtake me then immediately pulled across to the left to get to a bus stop when he was still along side me causing a near miss and if i hadn't've braked in time I would've been forced into some railings. I wrote to Travel West Midlands with the details and eventually they got back to me saying the driver had been identified and told not to do it again. Not sure if they really did or if it made any difference but I haven't had any trouble on that route since.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I complained a few times to the local bus company (enough to know who to ask for by name!) - I haven't had any serious problems with their buses for a fair while now. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. Got to be worth doing it though.
    Faster than a tent.......